Monday, April 30, 2012

Writing Mondays: An Excerpt

Well, Monday has come! And, today, I have prepared a small clip (163 words) from my first chapter in my WIP. :-) I hope you like it!!

“Stay here, I’m going to get Padre and ‘Ziah.” I turned to go back. Hanna’s hand clasped mine.
“No!” she cried pulling me back.
I pried my hand from hers and sped off as Hanna’s cries faded into the mayhem of the marketplace. My duty was to get Hanna to safety, which I had done. My next loyalty was to find Padre and Isaiah. I knew they had to be somewhere nearby the blacksmith's shop. I just had to find them.  Throngs of people ran in every direction. My vision blurred as I was pushed around trying to get through the crowd. I was shoved to the ground and it was then I noticed that everyone was running in the same direction. I struggled to my feet and tried to look over the crowd. What were people fleeing from? I continued to press through the swarm until I caught a glimpse of it.

Thoughts? Friendly constructive criticism?
-Rosie

All words in italics belong to Rosie Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.