Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The New Recruit (Blog Tour!)

The New RecruitMy Review:
This book is your one-way ticket to Moscow, Russia!

Ms. Williamson's latest release, The New Recruit, the first in her new series, is an adventure-packed novel. For me, it started off a little slow but it didn't take too many chapters for the pace to really pick up. Then I was glued to it until the very last page.

In The New Recruit, we meet Spencer. Spencer isn't a Christian, but he goes to a Christian school. But, his knack for getting into trouble is getting back to him. His grandmother has given him her ultimatum: join the Mission League or go to Military school. He makes the obvious right choice and picks the "Bible geeks". Secrets are revealed and an adventure is unleashed.

While reading this, Ms. Williamson-through Spencer-really opened my eyes to how some people view Christians. It made me ponder how I've been acting/representing Christ. Am I showing Jesus's love to everyone? Am I shoving Jesus down other people's throats? I sure hope I'm not!

As for the characters, I liked Spencer, Isaac, Gabe, and Isabel. Arianna was sweet though a tad annoying at times but I could tell she had a heart of gold.

In my opinion, The New Recruit didn't top Replication (a previous novel from Ms. Williamson). But it still was pretty awesome. It truly felt like I was "watching" a spy movie. If you liked any of Ms. Williamson's previous novels you'll enjoy this one.


Book Blurb:
Forced to choose between military school and a Christian spy organization, skeptic Spencer Garmond signs on with the Bible geeks. But before he even boards the plane for Moscow, Spencer realizes this is no Bible club.

These guys mean business.

Stumbling onto a case involving a gang of homeless boys, a chilling tattoo, and the always beautiful Anya Vseveloda, Spencer struggles to find the faith needed to save the Mission League from enemy infiltration.


Book Trailer:

Interested? You can purchase the book here!

About Jill:
Jill Williamson is an author of all things weird. She grew up in Alaska with no electricity, an outhouse, and a lot of mosquitoes.

Her Blood of Kings trilogy won two Christy Awards, and she recently released Replication, a science fiction teen novel from Zonderkidz.
Jill lives in Oregon with her husband and two children and a whole lot of deer.

Psst! Don't forget to check back tomorrow for a surprise!

I received this book from Jill Williamson in return for an honest review. Thanks, Jill! 

6 comments:

  1. Great review, Rosie. I liked how you said that this book really challenged you in your Christian walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun adventure story. Great read, Rosie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading and reviewing the book, Rosie! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.