Thursday, October 11, 2012

When a Heart Stops (Revell Blog Tour)

When a Heart Stops, Lynette Eason, 978-0-8007-2008-7Book Blurb: 
A killer's deadly game needs new players . . . but someone's about to change the rules

As a medical examiner, Serena Hopkins is used to dealing with death. But that doesn't make it any easier when she's called to the eerie scene of a murder--especially when Serena realizes that she knows the victim. Nearly as unnerving is the presence of FBI agent Dominic Allen, her childhood crush.

As evidence mounts and points to a serial killer with disturbingly familiar methods, Serena and Dominic must work to find a pattern and stop the killings before the murderer strikes again. And when Serena's own life seems at stake, she must decide if the secret she has been keeping has put her next on the killer's hit list. Can she trust Dominic with the truth before it's too late? 


My Review:
Whew! What a book! Fast-paced and heart pounding from the first page, this isn’t a book you want to miss!

I read this book incredibly fast. And that’s a good thing. This is the first book I’ve read from Miss Eason and I must say I’m impressed. Her writing is easy to read, her characters are very admirable, and her plot was a large knot just waiting to be untied.

When a Heart Stops is focused mainly on Serena. It was just another homicide investigation until Serena pulled up and recognized the victim as someone she knew from high school. Evidence seems to indicate that an old serial killer has returned…but he’s in jail so it must be a copycat. The tension mounts with every chapter and soon Serena finds herself the next target.

Serena is a medical examiner (M.E.) for the police. Not exactly an attractive job, but it was neat to read about. I’d like to thank Miss Eason for giving us a very little, visually, about the autopsies. From what I’ve heard, she’s had a part in past Eason novels, but this is the first time I met her. She is a very realistic character with honorable traits and a heart for God. I think she and I would have been good friends.

Miss Eason’s latest suspense novel is one that I enjoyed. I would recommend though, that you don’t read it at night… ;-)

Available October 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group


About the Author:
Lynette Eason is the author of several romantic suspense novels, including Too Close to Home, Don't Look Back, A Killer Among Us and When the Smoke Clears. She is a member of American Fiction Christian Writers and Romance Writers of America. A homeschooling mother of two, she has a master's degree in education from Converse College. She lives in South Carolina. Visit her website at www.lynetteeason.com and follow her on Twitter at @LynetteEason.  



I received this book from Revell for free in return for an honest review of my opinions. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Loving this book (so far!). My goal is to have it up by day's end. So happy to hear you enjoyed it also, Rosie - ironically, this is my first read by Eason too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it too! :D

      I'll be looking for your review. ;)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.