Monday, April 8, 2013

Writing Mondays: {Go Teen Writers: How to Turn Your First Draft Into a Published Book}

Hey everyone! Today I want to share with you a resource that has truly helped me in the past couple weeks of using it. What resource, you ask? None other than the Go Teen Writer's book by Stephanie Morrill and Jill Williamson! ;-D Here's the book cover and book blurb.


Go Teen Writers: How to Turn Your First Draft into a Published Book
The question we hear most from new writers is, “How do I get published?”

And the answer is: Respect your dream

Every writer’s journey is different, yet as we’ve reflected on our experiences and those of the writers around us, we've seen time and time again that those who are successful are the ones who had the patience and endurance to stick with this writing thing. They didn't look for shortcuts (at least, not for long), nor did they quit after five, ten, or one hundred rejections.

We can’t make the process easy for you, but it’s our hope that this book will be a tool you can turn to time and time again when you’re thinking, “Okay … what’s next?”

Includes tips for:
-Getting published
-Finding the right agent
-Book surgery
-Thicker plots
-Deeper characters
-Richer settings
-Weaving in theme
-Dealing with people who don't get your writing

I wanted to have finished it before this post got up but alas, that did not happen. I can say with authority, however, that I love everything I've read so far and it has helped tremendously. Already the book has pointed out where some of my WIP's major flaws are and how to fix them. This book is simply invaluable!

If you're a teen writer and you've never heard of the large-and-growing group known as Go Teen Writers, you should check it out today. You won't regret it!  And now, to the best part of the post. Stephanie and Jill are giving away an ebook copy of their book! 


a Rafflecopter giveaway

26 comments:

  1. This book looks good! My sister is a writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Faith. I can't imagine not having it.

      Delete
  2. This book looks really helpful! Thanks for the giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear you've found the book helpful, Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to finish it! You and Jill did such a good job. :)

      Delete
  4. I really need this book, need to save up the money first :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray that you found this to be helpful, Rosie! I know I need all the help I can get. Will have to look into this book further - being no longer a "teen," there are probably different books similar out there that would be helpful. :)

    Look forward to the day when you are a published author. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may still find it helpful, but I understand where you're coming from. :D Thanks!

      Delete
  6. This looks like such a great book. I love Go Teen Writers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks like a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Good luck! Hope you can get your hands on a copy. :)

      Delete
  9. I really want this book. Like, really badly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to win this one! I'm not a fiction writer, but I am a biographer, a screenwriter, and a budding illustrator, so I think this book would help me. :) Thank you so much!

    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Dolly! :) Good luck!

      Delete
  11. I'm not a teen, but I think this would still be helpful? :) Anyway, I could always win it and give it to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe it would still be helpful. It's not focused so much on the "teen" aspect as it is on the "new, budding, writer." :)

      Delete
  12. I got a pretty nice glimpse at this book already and I know I want it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would definitely be a helpful resource, even if I'm not still a teen.

    Blessings

    Andrea Cox
    andrearenee2004@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'll be using this book for years to come. :D Good luck!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.