Saturday, June 1, 2013

Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer {Litfuse Blog Tour!}

Stealing the PreacherMy Review:
An entertaining, sweet, read!

I eagerly looked forward to Stealing the Preacher and it lived up to my expectations! Miss Witemeyer once again does a great job penning a believable historical setting fashioned with characters we can love and relate to. I am duly impressed with the strong faith of all her main characters. I think its safe to say Stealing the Preacher is my new favorite.

For those who have read Short Straw Bride, you'll be familiar with Crockett. He is my favorite of the Archer brothers, second only to Travis. His patience and compassion makes him well suited to his calling. I loved his knowledge of scripture! Not to mention his passion for his ministry.

Also weaseling her way to be my favorite is Joanna. My, she's a sweet thing. I adored her loyalty and love for her father. I identified with her too, and that made me like her all the more.

To sum up, if you liked any of Miss Witemeyer's previous books, especially Short Straw Bride, you are sure to like this one. I highly recommend it. :-)

I received this book from the publisher, through Litfuse, in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

Back Cover: 
On his way to interview for a position at a church in the Piney Woods of Texas, Crockett Archer can scarcely believe it when he's forced off the train by a retired outlaw and presented to the man's daughter as the minister she requested for her birthday. Worried this unfortunate detour will ruin his chances of finally serving a congregation of his own, Crockett is determined to escape. But when he finally gets away, he's haunted by the memory of the young woman he left behind--a woman whose dreams now hinge on him.

For months, Joanna Robbins prayed for a preacher. A man to breathe life back into the abandoned church at the heart of her community. A man to assist her in fulfilling a promise to her dying mother. A man to help her discover answers to the questions that have been on her heart for so long. But just when it seems God has answered her prayers, it turns out the person is there against his will and has dreams of his own calling him elsewhere. Is there any way she can convince Crockett to stay in her little backwoods community? And does the attraction between them have any chance of blossoming when Joanna's outlaw father is dead set against his daughter courting a preacher?


Karen Witemeyer is "kindling" the excitement for Stealing the Preacher (Bethany House) with a Kindle Fire Giveaway and connecting with readers at her June 18th Facebook Author Chat Party!
StealingPreacher300

  One winner will receive:
  • A Kindle Fire
  • Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer 
Enter today by clicking one of the icons below. But hurry, the giveaway ends at 4pm on June 18th. Winner will be announced at the "Stealing the Preacher" Facebook Author Chat Party on June 18th. Connect with Karen for an evening of book chat, trivia, laughter, and more! Karen will also share an exclusive look at her next book and give away books and other fun prizes throughout the evening.

So grab your copy of Stealing the Preacher and join Karen on the evening of June 18th for a chance to connect and make some new friends. (If you haven't read the book, don't let that stop you from coming!)

Don't miss a moment of the fun; RSVP todayTell your friends via FACEBOOK or TWITTER and increase your chances of winning. Hope to see you on the 18th!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Rosie. Thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed Crockett and Joanna's story. Watch for Neill in a novella this January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karen! Thank you so much for coming by and commenting! I'm really excited for Neill's story. ;D

      Delete
  2. Yay! I am about to read this book also, Rosie. It's been nice to read positive reviews as I am hoping it will be a sweet (mainly quick!) read otherwise I may pull my hair out. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.