Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Glittering Promises by Lisa T. Bergren {Litfuse Blog Tour!}

My Review:
13207223A lovely conclusion to an amazing series!

I was so excited to find Glittering Promises in my mailbox! I have followed the series from the beginning and I've loved every single installment. That being said, I'm incredibly sad to have read the final pages. Nonetheless, I'm glad to have watched the Kensingtons grow and mature on this Grand Tour. I will share my thoughts without spoilers, but it should go without saying that you need to find your own copy and dive in!

After I finished Grave Consequences, I was at a loss as to how Miss Bergren would tie up the series. There was so much to resolve! And while she didn't have me on the edge of my seat, she did have me curious. I truly didn't go into Glittering Promises with any expectations, which is just as well because I would have been wrong! Yet again, twists and turns weave through the novel but (thankfully) they all finally begin to tie together and make sense.

Though I'd like to say this is my favorite of the series, it falls short. Glamorous Illusions remains my favorite, I think. If there's one thing I'd caution any reader, it would be to beware the romance in the story. Bergren doesn't set a good example, as there's too much focus on feelings and there is consistently a lack of trust between two individuals- something I find is detrimental in any relationship. However, this is the only big problem I had.

We are definitely given a satisfactory ending and thrill of a ride, no doubt! Although my slight issues with the love triangle, I really am happy with how Miss Bergren ended it all, and I will continue to secretly hope we'll see the Kensingtons again. I recommend this novel and this series to older teens (16+).

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, through Litfuse, in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done.

Back Cover:
Wealth cannot buy peace … or direction.
 
For Cora Kensington, the Grand Tour was to be the trip of a lifetime. She discovered the family she never knew she had, and may have even found the love she longs for in Will. And yet her life has just become infinitely more challenging …
  
Hounded by journalists chasing the beguiling story of the newest American heiress, Cora fights to remain true to her past, reconcile her present, and still embrace her future. But as Will struggles with her newfound wealth, she begins to wonder if their love is strong enough to withstand all that threatens to pull them apart.
 
Complicating matters is the stubborn pursuit of Pierre de Richelieu and the increased demands on her time and attention. Cora must stand up for what she believes—regardless of how that might challenge current family and cultural norms—in order to remain true to who she really is.
 
And as she glimpses the end of the tour, Cora knows it’s time to decide Who and what defines her … and who and what does not.

Lisa T. Bergren is celebrating the release of her new book, Glittering Promisesby giving away a $200 Italian feast from Williams-Sonoma and hosting a fun Facebook party on October 29th.
glitteringpromises-rafflecopter
 
  One winner will receive:
  • A $200 Italian feast from Williams-Sonoma delivered to your door
  • The three-book Grand Tour set
Enter today by clicking one of the icons below. But hurry, the giveaway ends on October 29th. Winner will be announced at the "Glittering Promises" Facebook Author Chat Party on October 29th. Connect with Lisa for an evening of book chat, European trivia, and prizes, and get an exclusive look Lisa's next book.

So grab your copies of the Grand Tour series and join Lisa on the evening of October 29th for a chance to connect and make some new friends. (If you haven't read the books, don't let that stop you from coming!)

Don't miss a moment of the fun; RSVP today by clicking JOIN at the event page. Spread the word—tell your friends about the giveaway and party via FACEBOOK or TWITTER. Hope to see you on the 29th!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the book in spite of your few misgivings, Rosie. I think Lisa finished off the series really well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.