Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dare to Love Again by Julie Lessman {Revell Blog Tour!}

18059982My Review:
Another heartwarming release from Lessman!

Whenever I open a book written by Lessman, I expect two things. The first is my favorite of the two, a dear, Godly family to connect with on an emotional level. The McClares, and the O'Connors before them, fill this role fabulously. Everyone in these families have wormed their way into our imaginations in a way we will not soon forget. The second is romance. Lessman brings us "passion with a purpose," as her website states, and despite a couple adult-ish comments or thoughts, it's clean.

We met Allison McClare back in Love at Any Cost, and even then I loved her sweet spirit. Now, in Dare to Love Again, set a couple months after the first in the series, Allison is putting back the pieces of another broken heart. I can't say that I related to Allison, as we don't have a lot in common, but that doesn't stop me from becoming fond of her character. One of my favorite scenes in the book was a moment between Allison and her mother, Cait, and in essence, Cait told her to trust God with her heart. I loved that because it is so true.

If you're seeking a book to cuddle under a blanket with, you've found it! As I stated earlier in my review, the McClares are a wonderful family. Lessman has a knack for making you feel right at home with her characters as they struggle with the same things we do (i.e. trusting God, believing God, etc.). I eagerly await the next McClare's story, and I hope Meg is up next! I recommend this book to older teens (16 or older), though the book is written for adult women.

I received this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!!

Back Cover:
Spunky Allison McClare is determined to be a fearless, independent woman, resorting to a mammoth hat pin for protection on her way to and from the school where she teaches. But when she takes a notion to explore the wild Barbary Coast she quickly discovers she is no match for rum-soaked brute strength.

Detective Nick Barone would rather do almost anything than teach this petite socialite jiu-jitsu, but it seems he has little choice in the matter. Sparks fly every time the two meet until a grudging friendship develops into something deeper. But when Nick suddenly leaves town, Allison realizes he’s a fraud just like all the rest of the men she’s cared for. Does she dare love again?

2 comments:

  1. Great review, Rosie.

    ...I agree with your thoughts in that the family is wonderfully trusting of God and always so warm, caring and loving towards each other. Being a family girl myself, I appreciate the strong ties to family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I love how Lessman gives us a family to love. It's probably one of my favorite aspects of her books. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.