Monday, April 14, 2014

Has it Really Been Two Years? {Writings of Rosie's Second Anniversary!}

Wow! I can hardly believe it's been two years since I began blogging. Originally I started out for the books, but since then I have come to befriend and value the people I encounter daily on the Internet. I have gotten so much out of this experience in just two years that I get so excited to think about the years to come. My dreams are big. The possibilities are endless. I'm reaching for the sky!

It is a delight blogging and promoting Godly Christian fiction. I am eager to do more of it, however, as several of you might have noticed, I am backing off from book reviews for a couple months. Too easily I find my schedule clogged and myself overwhelmed. Thus it's time for things to change. Does this mean I will no longer be doing book reviews? Absolutely not! I love reading and I love the interaction I have with publishers and authors alike. This does mean that I will be slowing things down in the coming months and that I shall be introducing more posts about my thoughts and of life in general. One day it is my desire to have a balance of both book reviews and regular, casual, blogging. But I'm afraid that dream is still several months off.

So to celebrate the blog's second birthday (albeit a week late...) Writings of Rosie shall be hosting another book swap beginning Wednesday (April 16th). Feel free to come by the blog Wednesday morning to post your lists, take a look at mine, and start swapping! [U.S. participants only, please. Sorry!] 

I hope you'll stick with me through this season of transition and I hope you're as excited for the future of this blog as I am. God bless!

Photo courtesy of Dan / Free Digital Photos.net

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Rosie! Thrilled to read your fun news this morning. It's been a wonderful 2 years and I'm so glad to have met you - sure has been a blast reading your blog and getting to know you better. Here's to another 2 years and yay for book swapping. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi!! It really has! I am glad too. It's been great to have this opportunity to meet people with common interests. *coughMarvelcough* :-D

      Delete
  2. Happy blogoversary, Rosie! So awesome to celebrate two years. :) Congrats!

    Didn't we all start for the books? ;) Haha. I think it's awesome that you're dreaming big and planning to find a good balance that works for you. Keep up the good work!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber!

      Haha, probably! It's a great excuse. ;D Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Rosie! I love reading your blog and I appreciate the hard work you put into it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jillian! I love reading your blog too. ;D Aw, thank you.

      Delete
  4. Happy blogoversary! Congrats on the two years, may you have many awesome years to come in blogging ;)

    - Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.