Thursday, March 5, 2015

{Throwback Thursday} Book Favorites Near & Dear to My Heart...

A few days ago a good friend of mine blogged about her top ten favorite books. Of course, this is a hard thing for book lovers alike to accomplish... Nevertheless, I felt inspired to reflect upon my own favorites and to share with you a few of them. So consider this a Writings of Rosie Throwback Thursday. ;-) Below you'll find the list of my ten personal favorites, however, they are listed in no particular order.
Dear Mr. Knightley
Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay
This book delighted me merely a page in. Though I picked the book up during a busy time (Thanksgiving!), I was hard pressed to be separated from it for longer than an hour or so. As it is described on Goodreads, "Dear Mr. Knightley is a contemporary epistolary novel with a delightful dash of Jane Austen." This is certainly the truth! Austen fans will love this one. Read my review here.

Rules of Murder by Julianne Deering
I love a good mystery, and Ms. Deering provides just that in her debut novel. I have devoured every part of the series and I eagerly await more fun mysteries with Drew and Co. :) Read my review here.




There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones
This quaint little book I found in a Lifeway store one rainy afternoon. I bought it and had it finished by bedtime. I never got around to writing a full review about it, but I can assure you I loved it. It's a cute story with real-life issues inside.

Be Still My Soul by Joanne Bischof
Oh, friends, if you're looking for a story to melt your heart and possibly make you cry you need look no further. Lonnie feels like a close, dear friend in a way that few fictional characters do. There's something particularly special about this series. I encourage you to look it up. You can read my review here.

My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade
Whew, this one is a long-time favorite going all the way back to 2012! I read this one while I was going through a rocky time. It cheered me up and certainly brightened the week or so I spent reading it. This was a delightful debut for Wade and I have loved nearly every release of hers since. :-) You can read my review here.

My Stubborn HeartThe Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen
This would be the first novel by Klassen I got my hands on. At the time I read it, I had recently been bitten with the "Downton Abbey" bug. This book gave me exactly what I loved about the popular drama while including Christianity! A perfect match for a girl scrambling for historical novels. I have been a loyal fan to Klassen ever since. Read my review here.

The Icing on the Cake by Janice Thompson
Ah, Thompson's books frequent my lengthy "Favorites" pile. Her clean rom-com novels are perfect for a pick-me-up. Before you know it, you'll be laughing so hard you'll have to put the book down! That said, this one makes the list for a couple reasons. First of all, her character, Scarlet is so realistic. Second, I loved all the references to "I Love Lucy" who doesn't love that show? (Well, I suppose that would be the people who haven't watched it...) ;) Read my review here.
How to Catch a Prince (Royal Wedding, #3)
In the Field of Grace by Tessa Afshar
This sweet retelling of Ruth and Boaz is close to my heart. Never mind the fact that it's one of my favorite stories in the Old Testament, but Afshar keeps close to what the Bible says while weaving in fiction to fill in the gaps. It's beautifully done. You can read my review here.

Silenced by Dani Pettrey
Oh my. Prepare yourself for some gushing here... It's no secret I love the McKenna clan. But when it comes to a favorite it's like trying to favor one sibling over another. It's just not easy. However, I suppose I can admit that out of all the McKennas' stories, I believe I enjoyed Kayden's the best. Each family member has a beautiful story, but there simply was something about Silenced that I liked more. Check out my review here.

How to Catch a Prince by Rachel Hauck
I confess, this is my most recent favorite and the only one on this list released in 2015 (granted it is only the beginning of March...). I also confess that I can't say much until I post my review on Friday. So I'll just gush when I say this, this book is amazing, this series is amazing. Wow! I saw my friends chatting about this book over Twitter and how well done it was, but I had no idea it would be such a delightful, captivating read. Check back tomorrow for my review!


Well, folks, there you have it. You've now seen first hand my favorites of my favorites. There are so many additional titles I could have listed...authors that I could have named. Unfortunately these little blog posts are too small to contain the ginormous list I've compiled over the years. If you want to view the comprehensive list, check out my Goodreads page. Thanks for taking the time to read! Don't forget to come back tomorrow for my review of How to Catch a Prince by Rachel Hauck! You don't want to miss it! (You can now read my review here.)

3 comments:

  1. The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen is still my favorite Klassen novel! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the story line so intriguing? I really should reread it in the near future.

      Delete
  2. Dear Mr. Knightley was such an interesting read! Great list :)

    - Lianne @ eclectictales.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.