Friday, April 24, 2015

{Book Review:} Every Bride Needs a Groom by Janice Thompson

22504628My Review:
Another amusing release from Thompson!

In Every Bride Needs a Groom, Thompson takes us to small-town Fairfield, Texas. I was saddened to leave Galveston, but Thompson makes up for it through a few cameos of beloved characters. In this new little town, it was easy to find new, fun, characters to bring a smile to my face, like Queenie, Alva, and Madge...just to name a few. ;-) In many ways, the new setting of Fairfield and Dallas was refreshing and I loved it.

Katie Fisher, our lead heroine, falls into the same trap that many young women do today. She started planning her wedding before she officially had a groom. Not that there's anything wrong with that. However, entering a giveaway on an presumption, Katie finds herself as the winner of a bridal gown and the ex-girlfriend of Casey. Throughout the rest of the story, I watched Katie grow and acclimate to the changes in her life. The greatest message that stood out to me was to not fear change. Change is good, and even necessary in some cases. It's a part of life.

Overall, I definitely enjoyed this book, but it didn't quite top some of Thompson's other releases for me. Nevertheless, I look forward to Every Girl Gets Confused! I easily and readily recommend this book to past and new fans of Thompson. You'll laugh, giggle, smile, and all around like it.

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!!

Back Cover:
Small-town girl Katie Fisher is planning her wedding. Sure, her boyfriend hasn't managed to pop the question just yet, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't enter a contest in "Texas Bride" magazine to win the dress of her dreams, right? But when her boyfriend breaks up with her and takes a job in another town--the very same day Katie wins her dream dress--her world is turned upside down. Should she claim her prize? And will the hunky former pro-basketball player who runs the swanky Dallas bridal shop--yeah, you read that right--catch on to her humiliation if she does?

Janice Thompson designs a romance sure to delight, with plenty of fish-out-of-water moments, a hilarious supporting cast, and more of the wedding biz world her readers adore.

Click the image to be taken to the giveaway page! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.