Friday, April 15, 2016

{Book Review:} The Sound of Emeralds by Rachelle Rea

My Review:
A lovely, emotional conclusion to a beautiful series!

27172188
Ever since I finished The Sound of Silver I have eagerly anticipated The Sound of Emeralds. And I was not disappointed! The end of Silver left us with glad tidings, yet a shadow to be resolved. Namely, proving Dirk's innocence. I just LOVED how this book touched on real life feelings and struggles.

Emeralds rounds out the stories of the characters we've come to love so dearly. This book deals with a lot of emotion, both the good and what could be classified as "bad." I loved how Ms. Rea handled the "bad" emotions, such as the sadness and the depression, the grief and the anxiety. It made the characters raw, vulnerable, and realistic. But I also particularly appreciated how she handled the healing that came after; both the joy and the peace.

Over the course of these three novels, Ms. Rea tells a beautiful story. I loved watching Gwyn, Dirk, and even the minor characters grow through these novels. This book had me gripping my e-reader, desperately needing to know how things would be resolved. So while Diamonds (I think. It's hard to choose!) remains my favorite of the series, Emeralds definitely gave it a run for its money! If you like historical novels, you must not miss this one!!

I received a e-ARC of this novel from the author in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks, Rachelle!! 

Back Cover:
What once was blazing hatred has turned to lasting love, but could the union of a wild heart with that of a lady ever result in more than heartache?

With the help of an old friend with uncertain loyalties, Dirk inches ever closer to clearing his name. Gwyneth throws her faith into good tidings and the promise of a future as a family. But an old evil comes to call, just as tragedy rips apart a fledgling truce. Enemies from the past and grief for the future threaten to tear asunder what God had brought together…

As the date of Dirk’s trial approaches, his fate and his family hang in the balance. Will he be proven innocent of Gwyneth’s parents’ murders—or separated from her forever? How much pain does it take to erode a love steadfast?

1 comment:

  1. Rosie, yours is the first review! That is so special to me, and to have it be such a kind one means much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.