Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Beautiful Pretender by Melanie Dickerson {Litfuse Blog Tour!}

My Review:
A sweet medieval romance with a fairy-tale twist!

The Beautiful Pretender (Thornbeck #2)I must say I enjoyed this novel much more than it's predecessor, The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest. But nevertheless, Huntress set the stage for The Beautiful Pretender, though both can be read without having read the other. This novel focuses on the Margrave of Thornbeck, Reinhart. He must wed in short order, or else the king might intervene. So with the help of his chancellor, they invite several young ladies to Thornbeck. I wasn't sure about this plot at first, but I came to really like how Ms. Dickerson handled things.

I enjoyed Reinhart and Avelina's character development for the most part. While trying to not give too much away, I felt the romance was a bit rushed at the end but others may disagree with me. Just a personal opinion. I really liked the threads of the Beauty and the Beast fairytale Ms. Dickerson weaved into storyline. It's one of my favorite fairytales and I loved her inclusion of it.

Overall, I was satisfied with The Beautiful Pretender. The story (and its characters) really grew on me over the course of its pages. I found myself becoming deeply involved and the book nearly impossible to put down! There were a interesting twists, an adorable romance, and a pleasant fairytale-like ending. If you like fairytales or the medieval era, you'll want to check this one out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I received a ebook copy of this book from Litfuse in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

Inheriting the new title of margrave means Reinhart has two weeks to find a noble bride. What will happen when he learns he has fallen for a lovely servant girl in disguise? Find out in the new medieval fairy tale, The Beautiful Pretender, by Melanie Dickerson. Despite Avelina’s best attempts at diverting attention from herself, the margrave has taken notice. And try as she might, she can’t deny her own growing feelings. But something else is afoot in the castle. Something sinister that could have far worse—far deadlier—consequences. Will Avelina be able to stop the evil plot? And at what cost?

Join Melanie in celebrating the release of The Beautiful Pretender by entering to win her Once Upon a Kindle giveaway!

beautiful pretender - 400 

One grand prize winner will receive:
  • A copy of The Beautiful Pretender
  • A Kindle Fire tablet
  • A $25 Amazon gift card
  • The choice between a Funko POP Disney Beauty or Beast doll
beautiful pretender - prize collage 

Enter today by clicking the icon below. But hurry! The giveaway ends on June 7th. The winner will be announced June 8th on Melanie's blog.

beautiful pretender - enter banner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.