Tuesday, June 7, 2016

{Book Review:} Wild and Free by Jess Connelly and Hayley Morgan

My Review:
Have you ever wanted to feel free?

Ms. Connolly and Ms. Morgan have written a powerful book about learning to live wild and free. They remind us of our identity in Christ while delivering a bold message. Their book is a lot like a call to arms. A call for us to wake up and start living the "wild" life we were called to. I really enjoyed the overall message of this title.

The fact is, we need more women boldly preaching the truth. Now I can't say I agreed with everything said in this book, but I did for the most part. This book encouraged me and nudged me forward to live wild and free. Who doesn't want to live free? Who doesn't want to passionately follow God's call on your life? This book emboldened me to charge forward, to strive to grow in my walk with Christ. A verse they shared in the book puts it so very well, "Brothers and sisters, I do not consider that I have made it my own yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the [heavenly] prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14 (AMP)

I encourage you to get this book. I encourage you to get this book and read it. Ponder and meditate on what you read. Search the scriptures for yourself. Seek truth and you will find it. Ms. Connelly and Ms. Morgan pour out their hearts desire and are with you every page. If you desire to feel free, to take off the shackles of religion and step into His freedom for you, then what are you waiting on? Take that first step!

I received this book from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

About the Book:
For all the fullness of God available to His daughters, we often feel limited by two defining insecurities: “I am too much,” and “I am not enough.”

Co-authors and best friends Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan have felt the same, until one essential question turned the tables on it all: If God is wild and free and he created women, what does this mean for us today?

Wild and Free is an anthem and an invitation in equal parts to find freedom from the cultural captivity that holds us back, and freedom to step into the wild and holy call of God in our lives. With fresh biblical insight tracing all the way back to Eve and a treasury of practical application, Jess and Hayley reveal how women today can walk in the true liberty we already have in Jesus.

Because you don’t have to be everything to everyone. You don’t have to try so hard to button it up and hold it together. And you certainly don’t have to quiet the voice that God gave you when he created you to sing. Wild and Free will help you shake off the lies of insecurity in your life, and step forward to maximize your God-given influence for his glory and the world’s good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.