Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Ringmaster's Wife by Kristy Cambron {Litfuse Blog Tour!}

My Review:
A simply marvelous, fantastic tale!

Like Cambron's other novels (Butterfly and the Violin, Sparrow in Terezin), I was absolutely swept away into the setting and time period! Cambron has a such a way with words that I could see everything painted into my imagination as I read. The book was incredibly hard to put down! Seeing Sarasota through Rosamund's and then Mable's eyes, was wonderful. I particularly liked Rosamund's perspective because she'd never been anywhere but England before.

Cambron's storytelling style is fluid and easy to disappear into. However, I admit that the time jumping in the first few chapters had my head spinning a little. Whenever I sat down to read, I was completely taken in and I despised coming to the last few pages. After all, who wants a good book to end? But alas, it did. As for the characters in this novel, I grew quite attached to Rosamund and maybe a little more so to Mable. I liked Rosamund's strength to just step out on her own and I deeply appreciated Mable's generous, dear heart to those she encountered. These women are great role models.

All in all, this was a very enjoyable read. Those curious about circus life in the 1920s will, hopefully find their intrigue satisfied. Mine was! :-) If you're seeking a unique historical novel to get your hands on, I think you may have found it in The Ringmaster's Wife. I can't wait to set my hands on Cambron's next work, The Illusionist's Apprentice!

Many thanks to Litfuse for sending me a copy! I received this book in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks! 

Kristy CambronAbout the Author:
Kristy Cambron fancies life as a vintage-inspired storyteller. Her second novel, A Sparrow in Terezin, was named Library Journal Reviews' "Pick of the Month (Christian Fiction)" for February 2015.

Cambron is an art/design manager at TheGROVEstory.com storytelling ministry. She holds a degree in art history from Indiana University and has nearly 15 years of experience in instructional design and communications for a Fortune-100 company. She lives in Indiana with her husband and three football-loving sons, where she can probably be bribed with a coconut mocha latte and a good Christian fiction read.


Back Cover:
What is revealed when you draw back the curtain of the Greatest Show on Earth?

Rosamund Easling is no stranger to opulence. As the daughter of an earl, she’s grown up with every comfort money can buy. But when hard times befall the family’s Yorkshire estate in the aftermath of the Great War, Rosamund’s father sells her beloved horse, setting the stage for a series of events that would extend beyond even her wildest dreams.

Though expected to marry for a title instead of love, Rosamund feels called to a different life – one of adventure outside the confines of a ladies’ parlor. She abandons all she’s known and follows in pursuit as her horse is shipped to the new owner – an American entertainer by the name of John Ringling. Once introduced to the Ringling Brothers’ circus and knowing she has much to learn, Rosamund agrees to a bareback riding apprenticeship in the shadow of the Ringlings’ winter home—Ca’D’Zan. It is at that mansion, in what would become the last days of the enigmatic Mable Ringling’s life, that Rosamund finds a deeper sense of purpose in the life she’s been given, and the awakening of faith in her heart.

With a supporting cast of characters as mysterious and dazzling as the Ringlings’ big-top world, Rosamund’s journey takes her from the tradition of the English countryside to the last days of America’s Roaring ‘20s—a journey that forever changes what one life might have been.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! This is the next book on my To Be Read/Reviewed list! Now I'm even more excited to dive into it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meghan! I hope you like it!! :D

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.