My Review:
There are so many words of praise I could use to describe
this novel. It was so real, and the message so powerful. Barbara Covington, a
single mother, strives to provide for her two children Lance (14) and Emily
(18). But to add to Barbara's daily strife, Emily is a strong addict. When
Barbara finally bites the bullet and schedules an intervention, things go well.
Emily willingly agrees to go. The flight goes well. But then the
interventionist is murdered and Emily disappears.
Barbara skips town with Lance, abandoning the job that might
save her financially, to find her missing daughter. Up until that point things
seemed slow, but then Ms. Blackstock takes us on a fast-paced roller coaster
that thrills you until the last page.
This novel opened my eyes to how addicts affect their
families. And in some cases it reveals why some may turn to drugs or alcohol. Once
I started, I couldn't set the book down very easily.
To conclude this review, I must note that the message of God's unconditional
love and forgiveness as well as why and who Jesus died for warmed my heart. I
wish more people could know and understand what it all means. If you're seeking
a thriller, this book is for you.
Interested? You can purchase the book here!
Happy 4th of July everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.