My Review:
Wow! I could tell from the back of the book (and the cover) that I would love this book, and boy was I right!
Miss Cox did an excellent job devising the plot! Things were never dull and they certainly never appeared slow. I particularly enjoyed how Miss Cox kept the identities of the bad guys a secret, it was something different and I liked it. I loved Pickford and how a simple difference in identity in a small town could change how people treat you. The setting and townspeople felt incredibly real and full.
Also, I was completely enthralled with Ellie and Steven! The two were an excellent pair! Ellie is introduced to us with her own set of flaws and problems; but her biggest problem is knowing where her next meal is coming from. Suddenly, a job opportunity appears with the nation's greatest detective agency, little did Ellie know this job would change her life.
Steven is a man who’s sworn to stay honest in his business, a business that is falling apart at the seams due to incessant thefts of his silver shipments. He continues to pray that God will provide him a way to keep his mining company. So when a mysterious elderly lady comes into town looking to invest in a mine, he thinks his problems are solved…But are they?
All in all, I loved Love in Disguise. Its fresh plot and lovable characters wrapped me into the story. I highly recommend this book!
Interested? You can purchase the book here!
So glad you liked this one, Rosie. I got it as a gift a while back and am really anxious to read it. Hopefully as soon as I get a break in my review copies. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, I think you'll love it! :-D
DeleteOh, so awesome that you loved it. Worth every penny, and I'm sure that you would agree :) Awesome review, Rosie!
ReplyDeleteLove in Disguise is definitely a future re-read if you know what I mean, Faye. :-D Totally worth every penny! Thanks!
Delete