Saturday, August 9, 2014

In Perfect Time by Sarah Sundin {Revell Blog Tour!}

My Review:
18637152Venture to the 1940s with Sundin's masterpiece!

I love, love, love Ms. Sundin's WWII novels. She stays true to history, making you feel like you've traveled through time. Her characters are so well rounded. They each have aspirations, fears, and their own journey to go on. It's been fun and interesting to watch the nurses grow together and view things from their different perspectives in the different books. It's crazy to think some of the early events in In Perfect Time {3} coincide with events late in On Distant Shores {2}. For certain, if a new reader picked up this novel, they hopefully wouldn't be confused. Sundin does a great job of explaining what's going on with the other nurses. You can definitely read these as stand-alone or out-of-order.

Let's talk about Kay for just a minute. Wow. I did NOT like her back in With Every Letter {1}. She has come such a long way and transformed mightily. I never thought she'd become close friends with Mellie and Georgie. Yet Kay made proactive changes in her life and by the end of In Perfect Time, the threesome are inseparable. I also loved getting Kay's backstory. It really explained a lot about how she acted and so forth.

Overall, you can't miss this book! I loved the emphasis on God's timing and the overall happiness that can be found inside the pages. If you're a World War 2 history nut, you'll really enjoy this series but I'll bet you'll love the characters even more. I can highly recommend this novel to readers who enjoy both romance and a historical setting. I recommend to ages sixteen and up. :-)

I received this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

Back Cover:
Bold, sophisticated, and flirtatious, Army Air Force flight nurse Lt. Kay Jobson collects hearts wherever she flies, leaving men pining in airfields all across Europe. So how can ruggedly handsome C-47 pilot Lt. Roger Cooper be all but immune to her considerable charms? In fact, he seems to do everything he can to avoid her.

Still, as they cross the skies between Italy and southern France, evacuating the wounded and delivering paratroopers and supplies, every beat of their hearts draws them closer to where they don't want to go. Can they confront the fears and misunderstandings in their pasts?

2 comments:

  1. In complete agreement on this one, Rosie. It's such a good book - and now I'm eager to read the rest of the series, because, well, I imagine it's just as good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie - thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm glad you liked Kay & Roger's story!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.