Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Year in Review: 2014 Edition {Oh, How Things Change...}

As I sit here reflecting on the past year, I'm awe-filled that it's almost 2015! 2014 has been a wonderful, wonderful, blessed year for me and mine. There has been a lot of growth and a lot of change, but our cup still overflows. Our God is an awesome God. Looking back to early this year, I am amazed at just how much I've changed, let alone the people and things around me.

My friends, change is in the air here as well. I'm hoping to "jump back into the saddle" really soon. Also, I have a few surprises in the works. I'm not quite certain about the timeline just yet but something great is coming! As a quick side note, if all goes well, I'll have almost four months of college left-- the end is finally in sight! I'm super excited to close out that chapter of my life. 2015 holds many promising things for me and I can't wait to share. Overall, this year has been stock-full of blessing after blessing. God's opened doors, He's closed a few, and He continues to show the way.

Probably the biggest lesson I've learned this year is how to wait. But more importantly how to wait and still work toward a goal

So often in media they tell you to wait, and wait, and.... wait. Wait until you find the elusive "one". Wait to pursue your calling until you're ready (whether financially, physically, etc.). Wait to study God's word until you have time. With all this waiting going on, what are you supposed to do in the meantime? Sit around and go through the motions? I can't speak for anyone else but to me that sounds boring... and a waste of the precious time God has given us on this earth. The Bible tells us about Jesus's return that, "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." (Matthew 24:36) Each day could be our last on this earth, so why should we live life waiting around? Why not make the most of our time while we have it? If you're single, why not focus on preparing yourself to be the best spouse you can be? 

Who says we have to watch time slip by? Who says we can't do something in the here and now whether single or in a relationship? We have a God-given purpose to bring glory to God in everything we do. Sometimes bringing glory to God means showing Jesus to people, by giving the tired cashier at your grocery a smile and a kind word. Maybe it means standing up for what's right even when you stand alone. Maybe it means serving others to the best of your ability, or maybe it means using your words carefully. No matter what it means for you in this moment, it will change with every day. 

So I want to challenge both myself and you to show Jesus in the everyday and in the mundane in 2015. Because I'm not satisfied with waiting around for "the right moment". I want to take the first step in living as Christ and walking by the Spirit. Will there be moments I fail? Absolutely. But I serve a loving and gracious God who'll dust me off and help me back on my way. 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous post, Rosie. We're glad that you have an end in sight for those college years - good for you, and that you are hoping to return to the blogging world. You've been missed and it sounds like you have some great things to come. Wishing you a blessed 2015, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.