Sunday, November 10, 2013

It's a Slow Fade... {Seasons of Change}

I've been thinking this week a lot about life. For some it may seem that life goes by too quickly. For others it crawls along at a snails pace. For me, you ask? I'm hitting that age where I'm suddenly sentimental and wondering where my childhood went.

Nothing is so hard as watching people in your life move forward, while it seems you're stuck in quicksand. You may not want to be stuck, but you're still sinking. You cry out for help but your friends can't hear you and just when you begin to think you're going under, a hand reaches out. You grasp it, thankful and relieved someone came back for you. You're pulled out and you discover your Savior's identity. It's Jesus. When all others leave you, whether they intend to or not, He's there to pick you up. When all the world fades away, He's the only One left.

"I will never leave you nor forsake you." -Deut. 31:6

The hardest lesson I've learned in the past year or so, is that you cannot rely on people for help, for happiness, or for love. The only being you can lean on, without fail, is Christ. Though it seems sometimes that everything I know is changing, I know Someone who will never change, and that knowledge comforts me.

 On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.

So as I go through this season, I'll cling to Him, the unchanging, everlasting, Son of Man who loves me enough to have laid down His life so that I may live. There's no safer or better place to be, in my opinion. And, you know, no matter how horrible or unbearable things may get, it is a small period of time compared to eternity with Christ.

"Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I will say, rejoice!" -Phil. 4:4

2 comments:

  1. Lovein' how you've described things in this post, cuz. :) And that final verse is one of my faves for remembering.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.