Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dolled Up to Die by Lorena McCourtney {Revell Blog Tour!}

Dolled Up to Die (The Cate Kincaid Files, #2)My Review:
Another great mystery from McCourtney!

Cate Kincaid is back! She made a big impression in Dying to Read and I couldn't wait to see what adventures she'd tackle in Dolled Up to Die.  I love her spunk, her humor, and above all else her drive to find the answers. Also returning is Mitch, Cate's occasionally overprotective boyfriend, and Octavia, Cate's newly adopted deaf cat, who sometimes has better intuition than Cate.

I love it when I get the opportunity to review a mystery novel. In this whodunit, I was constantly guessing and never quite sure if I was right. The pacing was dead on, pun intended, and the stakes rose just when you thought they couldn't. Combine McCourtney's great sense of humor with her equally great mystery devices and you get a pleasure-filled afternoon with Cate.

If you enjoy whodunit mysteries, Dolled Up to Die is right up your alley. Aside from some minor, brief, adult humor the story is very clean and appropriate for 15+. I recommend this to anyone in need of a laugh while they try to solve the murder. :-)

Available July 15, 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

Back Cover:
When Cate Kinkaid receives a frantic call about a triple homicide, she drives to the scene against her better judgement-aren’t triple homicides more up the police department’s alley?-only to find that the victims are not quite who she expects. Now she has a new rule to add to those she’s learned in her short stint as an assistant private investigator: always find out if the victims actually have human DNA. Because these three do not.
But who would shoot this nice lady’s dolls? What possible reason could the shooter have? And then there’s the startling discovery of another victim, who definitely does have human DNA . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.