Saturday, March 29, 2014

Summer of Joy by Ann H. Gabhart {Revell Blog Tour!}

1646631My Review:
A cute release from Gabhart!

I have not had the pleasure to read the previous books in this series, but I did very much enjoy getting to know the Brooke family. It was hard for me to get into the book at first due to the frequent head jumping early on. Thankfully, this got better as the book continued. I'm glad I stuck to it. I cannot say this was a favorite though.

Jocie is probably my favorite part about this novel. She's so endearing, cute, and determined. Leigh is my next favorite, a very close second to Jocie. Leigh's sweet disposition and kind spirit made her incredibly likable from the beginning. I didn't feel quite as connected with the other characters. This might be because I haven't read the others in the series.

Again this hardly is a favorite, but I love the homey feel Gabhart brings to the settings in each of her novels. It's a similar thread in her stories, one I'm quite fond of. Oh, as a quick note, I thought Hammond was a complete stalker-ish creep, though I suppose that is what Gabhart was going for. I hope we will see more of Hollyhill and the Brooke family before too long. I recommend this book to readers fourteen and older and especially to those looking for a comfortable read.

I received this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

Back Cover:
For Jocie Brooke, the summer of 1964 certainly was eventful, but it's nothing compared to what's coming to Hollyhill, Kentucky, and the Brooke family next. The past is coming to call, threatening to destroy the relationships that everyone thought were so strong. Two people--one thought to be gone for good and the other no one's ever heard of--are making their way to the small town. And it promises trouble for everyone.
This complex and beautifully written story is the perfect conclusion to The Heart of Hollyhill series. With true-to-life family drama, refreshing humor, and characters readers have come to love like dear friends, "Summer of Joy" will delight Gabhart's fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.