Tuesday, May 27, 2014

{Book Review:} A Bridge Unbroken by Cathy Bryant

22130167My Review:
Another faith-filled, dramatic romance from Bryant!
We return to Miller's Creek once again watching a new story unfold. I love fictional small towns, and Miller's Creek is no exception. The level of familiarity among residents sets off a warm, homey vibe. I particularly liked how much time we spent inside Miller's Creek Community Church. Instead of the story being one of a character coming to Christ, Bryant made it one of a Christian struggling with forgiveness.

Meet Dakota. Or is it Amy? No, wait, it's A.K. Aston...I think. Haha! Whoever this fiery red-head is, she's a wonderful character and she handles herself well, though sometimes she tends to run away when she's afraid. I loved the fact that she was a writer! I also loved watching her go under a subtle transformation as she spent more time with Chance. Chance is a decent lead/hero. I hated it when he let himself be blindsided by his judgement; however, I liked watching him move past his problems.

As a romance novel, I thought A Bridge Unbroken was great, but compared to other romantic suspense novels I have read, this one falls short. It lacked tension and I didn't feel "on edge" until towards the end. Overall, Bryant does a great job weaving romance and Christianity together without it feeling forced or sounding preachy. I recommend this novel to followers of the Miller's Creek series and those looking for a romance novel to read in an afternoon, fifteen years or older.

A big thank you to Mrs. Bryant for sending me a PDF review copy for free in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. 

Back Cover:
Letting go to build a bridge…
Dakota Kelly wants her painful past to disappear. A plan to start afresh is derailed when she co-inherits her late grandfather’s farm with Chance Johnson, the man responsible for the scars on her heart. But Chance isn’t the only ghost from the past. Someone else is out to get her and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Will Chance and Dakota lay aside their grudges to restore the old farmhouse and bridge, or will evil forces sabotage their attempt at forgiveness?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review A BRIDGE UNBROKEN, Rosie. I truly appreciate it. Blessings, Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this one, Rosie. Someday, I'll read it, too. Just have to make the time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.