Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fatal Exchange by Lisa Harris {Revell Blog Tour!}

18637160My Review:
A thrilling, captivating mystery!

What a roller coaster ride! Once you start reading Fatal Exchange the pace picks up and never slows. I loved that. There's nothing quite like curling up on a rainy day with an awesome mystery book and Fatal Exchange fit the bill. I was completely enthralled into the story and was lost in its pages for a couple hours, hardly able to set the book down.

I did not read the previous book in this series, nonetheless, I didn't feel like I was missing anything. It can definitely be read as a stand-alone. I will say, after I tore through Fatal Exchange, I'll be going back to find Dangerous Passage for certain. Harris writes in a fluid style that leaves you turning pages.

I really, really, liked Emily and Mason. I felt I could relate to certain aspects of their character. They felt so real! I was so thankful for how accurately Emily's emotions were portrayed after everything she went through. I cringe when I read about characters who breeze through life having unrealistic reactions to traumatic events. I also felt Mason's internal struggles were justifiable. I found myself thankful again that his growing relationship with Christ wasn't stilted or forced, rather the opposite. I appreciate Godly characters so much.

The "mystery" and thrill in and of itself was fantastic and different for me, personally. I will definitely be looking up more of Harris's works and digging into Dangerous Passage when I have time. Why, oh, why must we wait until Spring '15 for the next book?? I highly recommend to fellow readers of mystery/thrillers. There really wasn't much romance in the story, but if there had been more than there was, it wouldn't have flowed. I recommend to readers fifteen or older due to the nature of the story. Things to know: There are at least ten murders either mentioned or presented in the story, though not given in grotesque detail. There is a drug cartel. 

I received this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

Back Cover:
Emily Hunt might come from a family of cops, but she never goes looking for an adrenaline rush. She lives the quiet–well, relatively quiet–life of a teacher and thrives on making a difference in the lives of her students. But she’ll have to draw on a well of strength and savvy she didn’t know she had as student Rafael Cerda takes her class hostage for ransom money to save his brother’s life.

Undercover cop Mason Taylor has been working with Rafael to find his brother and bring the cartel thugs who hold him to justice. Can he talk Rafael down from his impulsive actions? And is there something more sinister at work here than he realizes?

Fatal Exchange draws readers into a complex matrix of intertwining lives and unraveling secrets, where every answer creates more questions. Romantic suspense fans will hardly want to come up for air.

1 comment:

  1. This is a book I still haven't read. It's getting rave reviews though, so I'm eager to read it plus I really enjoyed the first book. Thanks for the great review, Rosie.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.