Friday, February 28, 2014

The Dream Dress by Janice Thompson {Revell Blog Tour!}

18059981My Review:
Another quirky, fun-loving, release from Thompson!

Whenever I need a pick-me-up I run straight to Thompson's books. In moments I'll be laughing my head off while cheering on whoever I'm reading about. In The Dream Dress we get to know Gabi, someone we met in The Icing on the Cake. I love all the many angles of the wedding business and, though my favorite is probably photography, I did like getting into Gabi's head and watching her create. Create is such a lovely word, isn't it? Moving on...

My heart broke for Gabi over and over again. The poor girl didn't get any breaks! However, the reoccurring reference to Cinderella might have made me smile once or twice- only because I saw the truth of it. I felt like Gabi's story is a perfect example of overcoming one's past, letting old wounds heal, and leaning on the Lord for strength. This is what makes The Dream Dress my new favorite but stick around because it will probably change again. Haha!

As far as male leads go, Jordan was great. He always showed up when Gabi needed a boost and when she needed a little nudging toward God. Something else I really liked about he and Gabi's relationship was how it began with friendship, stepped toward innocent flirting, and then danced to a deeper relationship. ;-)

This brings me to the close. I'm always happy and excited to read one of Thompson's books and this one was no disappointment. I hope we get to visit Galveston again soon!! I recommend this book to romantic comedy lovers out there. Aside from a few winks to the wedding night and some kissing, Thompson keeps the book clean.

I received this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!!

Back Cover:
A seamstress at a swanky bridal boutique, Gabi Delgado dreams of doing more than ripping out seams and fitting dresses to doe-eyed brides. She wants to see her own dress designs gracing the young women of Texas. When Jordan Spencer, the editor of Texas Bride magazine visits the shop to do a feature, Gabi is devastated to lose her job in his very influential presence. Convinced she'll never get her dreams off the ground now, Gabi needs lots of encouragement--especially from her friend Bella Neeley--to take a chance and start her business. And as she gets to know Jordan, she discovers that she may have to take a chance on love as well. Could it be that she'll have to design her own wedding dress soon?

4 comments:

  1. Great thoughts, Rosie - I think Hannah's was my favorite story though I did indeed enjoy this one; as you say, I LOVE that all of the behind-the-scenes aspects of weddings are covered, so fun! And next up, we get to meet Cassia in the final Weddings by Design books (I think it arrives this summer!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi! Oh, there is a fourth? Awesome! Looking forward to it. :D

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO much for reading and reviewing. I'm tickled that you enjoyed Gabi's story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very, very, welcome!! It's my pleasure.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.