Tuesday, April 12, 2016

{Book Review:} Cold Shot by Dani Pettrey

My Review:
Oh my goodness!!

25695527Ladies and gentlemen, this is a public service announcement: please run--not walk--to your nearest bookstore and pick up this gem!! (But in all seriousness, do exercise caution.)

Ms. Pettrey's debut series, Alaskan Courage, was a favorite so I was eager to see what this new series held in store. And, trust me, I was by no means disappointed. I first sat down with the novel thinking I'd only read for an hour before getting on with making supper and other household chores... Hah! One hour turned into two and then into three. Cold Shot is that good, people! Sure enough I finished this book in one setting as I couldn't put it down.

Along with this new release arrives a new crew to absolutely love. Griffin, Finley, Declan, Parker, and the others form a great team. Once they worked past some initial awkwardness, they proved to be very effective working together. I can't wait to see what case they tackle next!!

I could gush so much more, but I shall not. Don't want to give anything away. ;-) But if mystery and suspense is your thing, this book will be a perfect fit. I highly recommend it!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

Back Cover:
In college, Griffin McCray and his four best friends had their lives planned out. Griffin and Luke Gallagher would join the Baltimore PD. Declan Gray would head to the FBI and Parker Mitchell would go on to graduate school as a crime scene analyst. But then Luke vanished before graduation and their world--and friendships--crumbled.

Now Griffin is a park ranger at Gettysburg, having left life as a SWAT-team sniper when a case went bad. The job is mostly quiet--until the day he captures two relic hunters uncovering skeletal remains near Little Round Top. Griffin just wants the case to go away, but charming forensic anthropologist Finley Scott determines that the body is modern--a young social justice lawyer missing since spring--and all evidence points to the work of an expert sniper. When FBI agent Declan Gray takes over the case, past and present collide. Griffin soon realizes he'll need to confront some of the darkest days of his life if he--and those he cares about--are going to escape a downward spiral of murder that crosses continents.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking time to read and review Cold Shot, Rosie. Appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.