Sunday, October 13, 2013

What Lie Do You Believe?

I was working away on my characters, preparing for my NaNoWriMo novel, when a thought hit me. Every character has some lie they believe, but what lie do I believe? This, of course, brought about a lot of thinking and prayer. The crazy thing is, I believe more lies than I thought. Once I began listing all the lies and putting a "face" to them, I was shocked. I could go and list every lie, but I'm not going to. Why? Well, that isn't the purpose of this post. I'm not perfect. I'm flawed. I'm human. The purpose of this post is to get you to think. That's right, I'm asking you to use the brain God gave you. So, what lie do you believe? No, no, you don't have to comment. Just sit back and take a moment and do a little heart searching.

Found one? Great.

Here's the good news, you don't have to believe it anymore. Write it down on a scrap of paper and then I want you to open up your Bible and search for a Truth. Find a verse that refutes your lie and then write it under your lie. 

Ready for the bad news?

Now that you have pinpointed the lie (or lies) you believe and you have found scriptural truth, you no longer have any excuses. When the devil comes and whispers in your ear that you aren't good enough or you're a failure or you're worthless, take Jesus's example and throw those scriptures back at the devil. Remind him that you are a child of the One True God. Remind him that God never called the qualified. Remind him that nothing is impossible with Jesus on your side. Remind him that Jesus died for you.

"For if any man is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he is like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing."
James 1:23-25 ESV

5 comments:

  1. This is a good take on the "What lie does you character believe." It's so true that we all, in real life, have our own lies. All in all, this is a great post when it comes to dealing with said lies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D That was my inspiration. Originally I had a whole different post planned to talk about that, but God steered me to this. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. This really got me to think. I'm actually surprised with the lie I wrote down but it's definitely true. Great post!

    And good luck with NaNoWriMo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, for both comments! I'm glad the post had a positive impact. :-D

      Delete
  3. Great post sweetie !! Great way to renew our mind daily and keep that in check.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.