Friday, December 20, 2013

{Book Review:} It Had to be You by Janice Thompson

6973753My Review:
A funny conclusion to a great series!

Ah, at long last I made time for the last book in the Weddings by Bella series and it was so worth it! I have a new appreciation for seeing the Rossi/Neeley clan in Thompson's latest series, Weddings by Design. I would hate thinking that It Had to be You was my last chance to spend time with this crazy family. I might have read slower. Thankfully though, it isn't. :-)

In this enjoyable wrap-up we get to read about the moment all of us have been waiting for since Fools Rush In, Bella and DJ's wedding! I have loved every moment watching the two become close friends while they dated/courted. That's how romance should be portrayed.

As far as complaints go mine are minor. Everything after Rosa and Laz's wedding seemed rushed and it didn't flow with the rest of the book for me. Other than a couple winks at the honeymoon, Thompson kept the book very clean. I easily recommend this one to anyone who's read the previous two books or enjoys a clean rom-com. :-)

I purchased this book, no review required.

Back Cover:
Bella couldn't be happier that her long-feuding Aunt Rosa and Uncle Lazarro have finally admitted their love for one another and are getting married. Their forties-style wedding is sure to be a night to remember. But when the Rossi house begins to fill up with family from Italy--and an old mobster from New Jersey--life starts to get complicated. Will Lazarro's friend from the past drive the happy couple apart once more? And will Bella ever have time to think of her own rapidly-approaching wedding amidst the chaos?

Full of laugh-out-loud humor, plenty of Italian passion, and a bit of Texas gumption, "It Had to Be You" is the satisfying conclusion to an entertaining series.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, these were my favorite from Thompson. So sweet, fun and crazy (in a very good way!). Glad you enjoyed the wrap up of the series, Rosie. It was a memorable series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Exactly! This series is definitely memorable. :D

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.