Monday, December 16, 2013

Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl! {Guest Post!}

Hey everyone! I have something special prepared for you all today. A friend of mine recently had her children's book, Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl, published. Below is a wonderful guest post from Aidyl Ewoh. Enjoy! 
 
About Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl:
Traveling with her parents brings Lydia, daughter of explorer and singer Buddy Davis, plenty of adventure and mystery - from hidden clues in bookstores to cave paintings deep underground.

About the Author:
Whether she’s building life-sized models of dinosaurs with her adopted family, trying her hand at cooking at a private retreat, or living in a barn, author Aidyl Ewoh (aka Lydia Howe) seems to have adventures follow her wherever she goes. Check out her book, Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl and find out more about her at her Blog, Facebook, and Twitter.

Answer to the True or False question from the last stop: False! 



Hey y’all! I’m here today with my character, CJ Carter from my book, Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl. If you’ve never read a character interview before, this might be a little weird at first, but it’s something that authors often do to help others, and themselves, get to know their characters better. So hang on tight and here we go!

Hey CJ, it’s good to have you here today! I know you’re a brilliant kid and that this interview will be loads of fun. Can you start out by telling us a little bit about yourself?  
Might I start out by expressing my gratitude at your considerate words, Miss Aidyl? I thank you kindly. My name is CJ Carter and I suppose the actual motivation for requesting my presence here is because I’m Lydia Davis’ friend and confidant. Perchance I should tell you about her instead, therefore? 

Um, well, I’ve already done an interview with Lydia. Today we want to hear about you. 

What information are you desiring to obtain? 

Ah, um, that’s a good question. Why not tell us your age, about your family, that kind of thing. 

I am the oldest of three children and am 13 years old. I-

Thirteen years old? I’m sure that’s a bit hard for some of our readers to comprehend. Do you always use such big words? 

A vocabulary, no matter who possesses it, is always in need of refinement and extension. Therefore I strive to speak in terms which are easily understood by the laymen and yet bring out the most in any given subject. 

Hey, everyone! Lydia Davis here. I thought I’d better jump in here and help CJ out. He really is fun, no matter what he sounds like!

Lydia, would you satisfy our spirit of inquiry by expounding on your most erupt and informal assault into our interview? 

Sure, easy enough. Sometimes you use such big words that no one understands them, and I didn’t want people to leave thinking that you’re a stuffy kid that always has his nose in a Algebra book. 

I do habitually and almost unfailingly have ‘my nose in a book’ as you put it. Although I most often chose Biology or Chemistry over Algebra. 

Not always CJ, and you’re making yourself sound boring. Which you aren’t. 

Boring? Do you mean to say that not everyone finds studying about the molecular structure of -

Yes, CJ, I’m afraid that is what Lydia’s trying to say. Sorry about that, and I’d be happy to listen to you after this interview is over. For now though, why don’t we focus on you, not science. Can you tell us about where you live? 

Yes, ma’am. So far I’ve spent the formative years of my life growing up in Maine. Our family will be transferring to Kentucky in the eminent future though, so we can be in close proximity to the Creation Museum.

Yea! It’s going to be so much fun having y’all live so close! 

Thank you for your notable joy. You are a true friend. 

Thanks, CJ. 

Why don’t you tell us about Isaac and Annie? Too bad they weren’t able to join us today. 

All right, Miss Aidyl. Isaac and Annie are my siblings, ages seven and six. Isaac is fond of adventure and has a rather active imagination that visualizes escapades wherever his feet trod. Annie is, well, shall we say more, girly, and although a thrilling adventure might not frighten her too much, the fear of peril and risk keep her in check. 

Sounds like your mother has her hands full. And while we’re on that subject, can you tell us about your parents? 

It would be my delight. My parents are Jim and Melissa Carter. My Father is a speaker for Answers in Genesis and has far more knowledge about the Bible and history of the world than most other mortals to walk the earth. 

Is he as smart as you are, CJ? 

I beg an explanation of you, Miss Aidyl.

Oh right. That’s not really a fair question to ask you. Lydia, can you answer this one for us? 

Sure! Although Uncle Jim is really smart, I don’t think he would be considered a genius like CJ is. He doesn’t use such big words all the time either. 

I daresay, this is a rather interesting interview. Discussing my father’s intellect? Is that average procedure? 

Um, no. I guess you’re right again, CJ. Ok, so why don’t you tell us about your mom? 

My mother is so very kind and gentle. She has taken in hand to teach her children at home, a gift for which I will be forever grateful for. 

Wow, your mom must be a pretty amazing woman to homeschool you! I can’t even imagine! Well, I would love to hear more but our time’s over for today. Thanks for stopping by CJ and Lydia!

It was our pleasure.  

For your chance to get a free book and Wal-Mart gift card, check out THIS post!

To find out the answer to today's True or False question and read about how I got involved with AiG, check out THIS blog tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Such a unique way for people to get to know the character better. I'm going to say false for today's true or false question.

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat interview. C.J. sounds like he could have been inspired by Data from Star Trek. :-) However, you don't strike me as a Trekker so probably not. Writing up in a tree sounds like something you might do, so I'll go with true on that one. You've described your family as being rather large, so I can see the need to be able to go somewhere unconventional to get a quiet place to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, totally not a Star Trek fan. Never seen any or read any (are they books?). ;) Data? Is that a name of someone? Pretty cool!

      Delete
  3. He also reminds me of Eugene from Adventures in Odyssey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to listen to Adventures in Odyssey about ten years ago... No, more like twelve years ago! I don't remember much about the different characters. ;)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.