Tuesday, December 3, 2013

{Book Review:} Living Separate Lives by Paulette Harper

18524878My Review:
A heartfelt novella that displays the sad realities of the world we live in, but through the perspectives of four Christian women at different stages in their faith.

I still can't get over how short novellas are and in the case of Living Separate Lives, Harper left the story on a cliff making me wish it was longer! Though I did not have much of a chance to really know Candace, Tiffany, Jordan, and Kaylan in the short time I spent with them, I did get a feel for each of their personalities, struggles, and so forth. Harper does an excellent job of bringing a realistic feel to her characters and their circumstances. As for Harper's writing, at times it felt like we head jumped and the sentences didn't always flow.

I can't say much more without giving away a few central points, but I will caution my younger readers. Living Separate Lives deals with adult issues such as infidelity and mention of attempted suicide. I hope there will be a follow up to this novella, because I would read it.

I received an ebook copy of this novella in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done.

Back Cover:
Four Friends, One Secret and The Weekend That Changed Their Destiny 

Candace Walker, Kaylan Smith, Jordan Tate and Tiffany Thomas have their share of sorrows but neither of them realizes how deep the sorrow goes. What happens when they agree to meet for a weekend of relaxation in beautiful Napa County? Which one will leave the same or worse?
For Candace Walker life has left her battered and bruised. Kaylan Smith has struggled with prejudice from her in-laws. Bitterness is trying to raise its ugly head, after fifteen years of marriage, Jordan Tate’s husband calls it quits. And for Tiffany Thomas dealing with rejection has never been one of her greatest qualities. 


Will a secret destroy their relationship and bring the sisterhood to a complete halt? Will they be able to forgive and allow God to mend that which might be torn?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Rose for the review and feature. More from the four ladies are coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Be sure to let me know. ;)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.