Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Book Review: Code of Silence by Tim Shoemaker

Summary:
Telling the Truth Could Get Them Killed. Remaining Silent Could Be Worse.When Cooper, Hiro, and Gordy witness a robbery that leaves a man in a coma, they find themselves tangled in a web of mystery and deceit that threatens their lives. After being seen by the criminals---who may also be cops---Cooper makes everyone promise never to reveal what they have seen. Telling the truth could kill them. But remaining silent means an innocent man takes the fall and a friend never receives justice. Is there ever a time to lie? And what happens when the truth is dangerous? The three friends, trapped in a code of silence, must face the consequences of choosing right or wrong when both options have their price.



Code of Silence
My Review: 
This book had me on my toes!  Merely pages in the tension skyrockets making me continually turn the pages. Shoemaker introduces us to Cooper aka Coop, Hiroko aka Hiro, and Gordy.

Hiro is a young woman stuck with two, more times than not, immature boys she calls her best friends. Though the road gets rocky at times, and her anger flares, she proves to be a true friend to Coop and Gordy.

Gordy is the peacemaker out of the three and Coop's first best friend. Aside from his admirable loyalty, Gordy doesn't mind eating whatever is offered. :-)

Coop's life is great in his eyes. He has his two best friends, his family, and a regular life. Until, that is, a less than desirable mishap at Frank 'n Stein's.

Something I enjoyed about this book was the love and loyalty between the three of them. They all are willing do to anything for the other, and that is so wonderful to see. I have friends like that and they warm my heart.

This read was a pleasant surprise, having never read anything by Shoemaker before. It contains everything I love about a good book. It’s clean. It has realistic characters. And it has a plot that will leave you guessing!

I will mention, however, that due to my "super-sleuth" days as a kid I did have the ending somewhat figured out by the end. But knowing the ending hardly stopped me from turning the page!

The message of "always tell the truth" blares out in big neon letters all throughout this book. It really shows, I guess, how telling the truth (no matter the circumstances) is so very important.

I recommend this book to all ages. I have already passed this book on to my younger sister who loves it so far.

I was given this book by the publisher in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done.

Interested? You can purchase it here!

4 comments:

  1. This book sounds exciting! I love novels with mystery and suspense, so I'll be sure to check this one out. Thanks, Rosie! :)

    notebookfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Hey Rosie! Your blog is so beautiful. And guess what? I'm awarding you the Kreativ Blogger award. Check out the details over at my blog. http://inklinedwriters.blogspot.com/2012/05/why-i-havent-posted-and-another-award.html

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.