Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Book Review: Prism by Rachel Moschell


Prism (Story of CI)Summary:
He wanted to bring light to the world, but knew that along with it would come darkness…
Alejo is a leader in the Prism, a Muslim organization bent on fighting social injustice in his native Bolivia. His passion for God’s justice has always led him far away from the church and its dark secrets he has seen with his own eyes.

Until now.

The granddaughter of a Quechua villager and an Irish missionary, Wara Cadogan has South America in her blood. Her friends think she’s the ideal missionary in Bolivia, but they don’t know the truth: she betrayed her values, and it’s tearing her apart. When Wara and her best friend Noah collide with the Prism, she believes Noah is dead and Alejo is to blame. What can she say to the man who tried to kill her, then gives up everything to save her?


My Review:
What a roller-coaster of emotions! It took a while for things to pick up but once it did it grew harder and harder to set the book down.

This story mainly revolves around two main characters, Wara and Alejo. Wara is a missionary in Bolivia and while she has great friends and a good life there she holds several secrets. Alejo is a leader in an organization called Prism, which works with Hezbollah--a Muslim group that has renounced terrorism.

I really liked Rachel's choice of setting for this book. Prism is set about five years in the future (2017) in Bolivia and other various places.

Prism really opened my eyes to how Muslims think. Before it had always eluded me why they did what they did but once Rachel introduced Gabriel's character things started to make more sense. It is really evident in the story how much research she put into it. It made it all the more real to me.

As for a general consensus of the characters they were very well-formed! I loved how long it took for Wara to realize she was/is forgiven, Alejo too. Because in real life many feel that way. I adored how some characters changed and morphed from the people they were before.

My one complaint is it took a while for the story to pick up and it was slow in some parts. But other than that it was a very good read and I liked it. :-)

Interested? You can purchase the ebook here!

I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done.

4 comments:

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.