Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Book Review: Aldo's Fantastical Movie Palace by Jonathan Friesen

Aldo's Fantastical Movie PalaceMy Review:
A fantastical and magical read! Aldo's Fantastical Movie Palace is perfect fit for those who enjoyed Narnia. Friesen takes you on a journey through Retinya, a spectacular place thought only fiction by Nick and Chloe.

I loved most of Friesen's characters, particularly Chloe, Nob, and Scout. Others may not agree with me, but I didn't really like Nick. It wasn't because of his character structure, he just wasn't all that likable to me. I pitied him greatly, at times, but he still didn't make it to my "favorites" list.

A highlight, for me, is the clear message Friesen presents in Aldo's: The past is important to who we are today. There are some situations that have left an impression on my own character and without them- who would I be?

To close, my last favorite thing to list is Friesen's humor. I loved it. I was chuckling and grinning more than once, and it made the book so much more enjoyable.

Back of the Book:
In the Darkness of this Theater, Anything Can Happen The family's broken-down theater has always been a safe place for Chloe. There, no one can see the scars that line her face---scars her inventor father accidentally caused, leaving even deeper wounds between them. In the darkness she meets Nick, a boy with his own hurts. While Nick isn't the most pleasant companion, a rocky friendship is formed over their love of films. Soon the two are working on a movie script about a fantastical world---one that suddenly comes alive on the screen. Chloe and Nick are transported into an adventure beyond what they ever imagined, filled with dragons, magical pools, and a sinister vapor that threatens to destroy everyone. But when tragedy strikes, Chloe must find the courage to step out of the shadows and find what she's always longed for.

Book Trailer:
 
Interested? You can purchase the book here!

I received this book from DJC Communications in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done.

2 comments:

  1. It really sounds like an interesting sort of book. You always post great reviews :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.