Monday, March 25, 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Hey all! I am so sorry for all the spontaneous posting. My life has hit warp speed for the past week but it should be slowing down after this coming week. Thanks for sticking with me! Anyway, a few weeks ago an old writing friend of mine, Sarah F. tagged me in The Next Big Thing Blog Hop over at her blog Inklined. So here I am today presenting you a little peek into my current work-in-progress novel. :-)

What is the working title of your book?: The Patriot Republic

Where did the idea come from for the book?
: Strangely enough, the idea struck me when we made our great big move back in June '12. Mom and I had been listening to the radio and something the talk show host said triggered it.

Kelsey (via)
What genre does your book fall under?: Futuristic Military Sci-Fi. It isn't everyday you hear that now is it?

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?: Oh, jeepers. I have about six characters all with names and faces but I'll just share my main character, Kelsey's actress, Amanda Seyfried.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?: When America's Republic crumbles into a dictatorship, the Patriots fight back.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?: I hope to have an agency. :)

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?: Uhh... still working on it actually. Almost finished though.

What other books would you compare this story to in your genre?: Well I would say The Hunger Games, but I think Jill Williamson's upcoming release Captives is more similar, in a sense and that's going by synopsis alone.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?: Though it sounds cliched, God did. Without His push I don't think I could have made it past the plotting stage.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?: Well, I can't speak for all the different kinds of readers out there but for me, the mystery and suspense. Will the Patriots restore the Republic?

I know I'm supposed to tag people but I've never been a big tagger and I've seen this waving through all my writing friend's blogs. So, if you haven't done this yet consider yourself tagged. ;) Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. How awesome and exciting your novels sounds great and like a true labor of love! I would do this tag, but I have been terribly lax on my writing since I started working. Thanks for sharing, Rosie, I know sharing a WIP can be really tough. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Faye for stopping by and taking the time to read! Blessings to you too!

      Delete
  2. Ohh this sounds so cool! I really want to read this now! If you ever need any advance readers I totally volunteer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abbi! As soon as I finish the first draft, do a ton of editing you are welcome to read it. :)

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy hearing about your personal WIP :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I always enjoy hearing about yours! ;D

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.