Saturday, May 11, 2013

Book Review: Grave Consequences by Lisa T. Bergren

My Review: 
Grave Consequences (Grand Tour Series, #2)An excellent sequel to Glamorous Illusions!


Grave Consequences picks up shortly after the ending of Glamorous Illusions. It took me a few chapters to remember the characters and all that occurred in the first book, but it was easy to catch up. I was quickly reminded of how much I liked Cora. Her bright spirit, her determination, and her new found love of her siblings made me like her all the more.

As for the love triangle, I have always been endeared to Will more so than Pierre. Will is sweet, handsome, and honorable. He's willing to give up everything for Cora, for her safety, for her happiness. He's the perfect hero for us to root for.

This brings me to one of the few things I did not like about this book. I did not like how every man seemed to fall at Cora's feet, enamored. It got old fast and I tired of it midway through. This would have to be the worse fault I found with the book, and I immensely enjoyed the rest.

I am eager for the conclusion, Glittering Promises, to come out this fall!

Many thanks to Rissi, for letting me borrow her copy! No review required. :-)

Back Cover:
For Cora Kensington, the journey of a lifetime takes unexpected twists. And her future—her very life—depends on the decisions she’ll make at each crossroad. As her European tour with her newfound family takes her through Austria, France, and Italy, an unseen enemy trails close behind. Meanwhile, a forbidden love continues to claim her heart, putting everyone’s plans in danger.

And as Cora stays one step ahead of it all, what might need the most protection is her own heart, torn between the dramatic pursuit of a dashing Frenchman and a man who has been quietly staking claim to her affections all along. Love has dangers all its own. She must escape the bonds of the past and discover the faith to make the right choices, as each one has grave consequences.

4 comments:

  1. I liked this book as well! I actually liked this one more because I stopped seeing Pierre as a threat, and I almost would have rather had her court him rather than Will. Almost...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, yes. That was a bonus. Pierre was nice, but just not nice enough. lol :) Glad you liked it too!!

      Delete
  2. Yippee! Glad you enjoyed this, Rosie. I sure did. I have to agree with Libbi. Pierre has come into his own - he's less of a "threat" now and more an ally/friend. He seems a decent chap and that leaves me anxious for a conclusion to this saga between the family, Cora/Will and Pierre (if he crops up again!). It's so entertaining.

    Bring on 'Glittering Promises'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really has. I hope he has his own happy ending- even if we don't hear about it. Yes, I am eager to see Will/Cora + a happy ever after. ;D

      Amen!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.