Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck {Litfuse Blog Tour!}

My Review:
Once Upon a PrinceA refreshing, delightful, read from Miss Hauck!

Ever since my lovely blogging friends began posting their reviews, I grew more and more eager to dive into the pages of Once Upon a Prince. Let me tell you, when I finally did I couldn't put it down. This novel went beyond all my expectations. She even surprised me at the end! Anyone who can accomplish that needs to pat themselves on the back.

Susanna is a planner. She feels safe knowing how her life is going to turn out. Until her world flips upside down. Miss Hauck accomplished this change in Susanna very well, in my opinion. It didn't come too fast or too slow but instead it was portrayed very realistically. Susanna felt so real just in general with her quirks. That's something I really liked.

As for the prince... well, he is something special. :-) I was pleasantly surprised by his strong faith. I also liked how willing he was to sacrifice his happiness if it came to that. And, oh my goodness, his accent! It literally pops off the page!

In sum, Miss Hauck has penned an amazing story. Her writing flows right off the page and into my imagination. Her characters appear lifelike and are relatable, something very important to me. This will be one I will reread in the future, just for the fun of it. Plus, she kept all the romance very clean, which impressed me beyond belief. I can't wait until Book Two!

I received this book from the publisher through Litfuse in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thank you!


Back Cover:
Susanna Truitt never dreamed of a great romance or being treated like a princess---just to marry the man she has loved for twelve years. But life isn’t going according to plan. When her high-school-sweetheart-turned-Marine-officer breaks up instead of proposing, Susanna scrambles to rebuild her life.

The last thing Prince Nathaniel expects to find on his American holiday to St. Simon’s Island is the queen of his heart. A prince has duties, and his family’s tense political situation has chosen his bride for him. When Prince Nathaniel comes to Susanna’s aid under the fabled Lover’s Oak, he is blindsided by love.

Their lives are worlds apart. He’s a royal prince. She’s a ordinary girl. But everything changes when Susanna receives an invitation to Nathaniel’s coronation.

12 comments:

  1. YES! Great review, Rosie. Delighted you liked it so well - and oh my stars! Wasn't Nate's accent quite possibly the most realistic you've EVER heard!? Loved it - and Nate's gentlemanly ways.

    Like you, my thoughts are much the same: Book two cannot arrive soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi! Oh yes, it was. Nate is a very refreshing hero for me. Loved him!

      ;D

      Delete
  2. This is the second time I've heard the book mentioned in the last week. I guess I need to check it out!
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    www.inklinedwriters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read, Sarah! :) I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

      Delete
  3. Rosie, thank you so much! Such a lovely review.

    Can I quote on my web site?

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel!

      Yes by all means! I'd be honored. :D

      Delete
  4. Love your review! Cant wait to read this book.

    Such a lovely blog, Im a new follower. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow and the comment, Melissa! :)

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to read this one! I don't suppose you want to donate your copy to a poor book-starved friend? ;) Just kidding, I have way too many books that I need to FINISH right now. Behind. :P But it's a good thing too, so. :) Anyway, great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll love it, Charity! I'd be willing to lend it to you for sure! Maybe when you get back? :) Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Ah, maybe so! There definitely isn't time now though. However, you would be amazing to do that. :)

      Delete
    3. :D

      I don't mind! Shoot me an email when you're back. ;)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.