Thursday, September 12, 2013

{Book Review:} Swinging on a Star by Janice Thompson

6883161My Review:
Nothing quite beats spending the afternoon with the Rossi family!

I promised myself that I would get my hands on the second book in the Weddings by Bella series shortly after I finished Icing on the Cake. Sure enough, last week I found a copy on sale! Cue big grin and fist pump. I finally found time to pick it up and once I was past the first page, I was swept away to Galveston again.

The Rossi family continues to make me laugh with their antics and banter. Bella may feel self-conscious about her family, but I love hanging out with them for a few hours. Thompson gives great examples of what love should be, something that certainly adds warmth to the novel. Added to that, Thompson weaves in faith and strong Christian women, ready to pray up a storm for anyone who needs it. All the characters, though flawed, come together to make a beautiful cast.

Simply put, you have to read a Weddings by Bella book to truly understand why I love it so much. There's humor, there's romance, and there is faith blended in a delightful combination. I highly recommend this book to rom-com lovers, but only if you read Fools Rush In first. ;) I can't wait to read It Had to Be You!

My mom purchased this book for me, for my birthday. No review required. Thanks, Mom! Love you!

Back Cover:
Bella Rossi's life is nearing perfection. She's got the perfect guy, she's running a successful business, and she's about to plan her most ambitious wedding yet, a Renaissance-themed fairy tale come true, complete with period costumes and foods, horse-drawn carriages, and even a castle. There's just one hitch. The best man just happens to be Brock Benson, Hollywood's hottest and most eligible bachelor. Oh, and did we mention he's staying at the Rossi house to avoid the paparazzi?

With all the pressure surrounding this wedding, Bella's not sure she's going to make it through. Add her starstruck sister, her feuding aunt and uncle, and a trio of large, sequined church ladies with even bigger personalities, and you've got a recipe for disaster--and a lot of laughs. This hilarious romantic comedy is sure to delight both fans and new readers alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.