Friday, September 27, 2013

Love's Awakening by Laura Frantz {Revell Blog Tour!}

16109328My Review:
A lovely addition to the series!

In Love's Awakening we are introduced to Eden and Silas's family, particularly their youngest, Ellie. Oh, they were one of my favorite couples last year and their story made my top twelve books of 2012. I couldn't wait to read more about them, particularly Ellie. She's sweet, though a bit naive at first, and she has a heart as big as her mother's. Since I am the oldest in my family, I have no idea what it is like to be the youngest, seeing it through Ellie's eyes was interesting. I loved watching her come into her own.

I confess, based on the back cover I was concerned Ellie's story would be more of a Romeo and Juliet retelling than it actually was. Thankfully, I never got that impression while I read. One of my favorite new characters has to be Chloe. She's full of energy and has a stubbornness that rivals the Ballantyne's. Her transformation was wonderful to read and I wish we could have seen more of her.

Love's Reckoning remains my favorite so far, but this one made a great sequel. There was a fabulous blend of drama, tension, and romance throughout the whole book. Frantz truly sent me back in time, thanks to the historical detail she slips into her novels. Her books have been a pleasure to read. I recommend to ages fifteen and up for both readability and content.

Available September 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions, thanks!

Back Cover:
Ellie Ballantyne, youngest child of Silas and Eden, has left finishing school. But back at her family home in Pittsburgh, Ellie finds that her parents are away on a long trip and her siblings don't seem to want her to stay. When she opens a day school for young ladies, she begins tutoring the incorrigible daughter of the enemy Turlock clan. The Turlocks are slaveholders and whiskey magnates, envious of the powerful Ballantynes and suspicious of their abolitionist leanings. As Ellie becomes increasingly tangled with the Turlocks, she finds herself falling in love with an impossible future--and Jack Turlock, a young man striving to free himself from his family's violent legacy. How can she betray her family and side with the enemy? And will Jack ever allow her into his world?

4 comments:

  1. So far, I've heard great things about this follow-up. Your great review is added to that list. :) I'll read it at some point but since I struggled with certain things about Laura's first in this series, I didn't nab a copy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Sorry you didn't enjoy the first. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any books by Laura Frantz, but I've heard great things about them. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd like her books, Jillian! Thanks!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.