Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Trapped by Irene Hannon {Revell Blog Tour!}

17384592My Review:
Another great suspense novel from Hannon!

I am really pleased with Trapped. In this series, it is my favorite thus far. As I probably already mentioned, the new Private Investigators point of view has been fascinating to read about. Hannon gets her research from real people, something that sets a realistic feel to all her suspense stories. This particular story has something of an edge to it, maybe because the entire novel takes place in such a short span of time, unlike its predecessor.

Laura and Dev are great leads, and they are good match for one another. We met Dev previously in Vanished, and even in the midst of Cal's story I liked his personality. Now, having gotten to know him a little better, I can say his character is admirable. I liked how Laura, without realizing it, challenged him to think. As a brief side note, a change I felt was brilliantly written is Darcy's, but I won't say more than that.

The best villains are the ones that tug on your compassion. The ones that were hurt at some point in their lives and instead of overcoming it they succumbed to their circumstances. This fact is what made Mark, the antagonist for Trapped, a fantastic villain. Don't misunderstand me- this guy is a psycho, but as a writer I admire the work Hannon put into crafting him.

All in all, this book is certainly in my top five of Hannon's suspense novels. Those familiar with her work will enjoy it. There is some violence, but descriptions are minor. I recommend to ages 16 and up.

Available August 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

Back Cover:
A runaway teen, a desperate sister, and an intrepid PI determined to discover the truth

When Laura Griffith's sixteen-year-old sister disappears on a frigid February day, leaving only a brief note behind, Laura resolves to do whatever it takes to track down the runaway teen. That includes recruiting ATF agent turned private investigator James Devlin to help. Dev knows time is of the essence with runaways--just forty-eight hours can mean the difference between recovery and ruin.

But the deeper he and Laura dig, the more Dev begins to suspect that something sinister is at work in the girl's disappearance. And in the icy winter weather, the trail is going cold . . . 

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I can't wait to read this book! BTW I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! http://writingchristiannovels.blogspot.com/2013/09/nominated-for-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a good one. :D

      Aw, thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. DITTO! Agree so much with you here, Rosie. You've hit the nail on the head in your perspective. Mark is actually one of the "best" villains I've run across in my opinion and of course, it was a blast to revisit Dev and Company. Great thoughts.

    Now... where is book three!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D He's definitely the best villain I've met in a while.

      I know!! I. Cannot. Wait!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.