Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead.
But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order to give her heart to him forever.
My Review:
Cascade picks right up after Waterfall, and boy was I excited! I truely was not disappointed either! The heart-pounding fight scenes, the many "are they going to die??" thoughts, and the sweet stolen moments between Marcello and Gabi make up a great mix!
Ms. Bergren opens Cascade up with Gabi and Lia's return to their own time. It doesn't take them long to explain and snag their mother's curiosity so Gabi can return to Marcello.
And, as for new characters go, Lord Greco consistently puzzled me as much as he did Gabi. I look forward to exploring his character more in Torrent (I hope he's in Torrent...).
Watching Gabi grow and come up against things I would flee from make me like her so much more. She always stood her ground and kept her focus on her family's wants- even though she desperately wanted to stay with Marcello. She was never thinking about herself. And she never lost hope when facing death.
Here are a few things that I particularly loved about this book: (SPOILERS)
1. I love that there is a sequel. (And that there's Torrent too.)
2. I love that we get to see Lia fall for Luca. (I was hoping she would!!)
3. I loved, loved, LOVED finding out my suspicions about the Rossis were correct. I knew they were bad.
4. I look forward to seeing if Ms. Bergren elaborates on the complicated brotherly relationship between Lord Greco and Marcello.
This was such an awesome read and I can't wait to finish Torrent!
Interested? You can purchase the book here!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.