- I open up the blinds in my room. (Light seems to help me think.)
- I pull out my "novel notebook", which carries the chapter outline inside.
- I grab a glass of sweet tea. (I drink it rather fast and then, when I'm pondering on my next sentence I chew the ice...I know what you're thinking. My dentist really likes me, right? Hah!)
- And finally, I open up Pandora Internet Radio. I tend to listen to either the Classical music channel or the 2011 Top Christian Hits channel. Right now it's on the Christian channel.
-Rosie
Great post!
ReplyDeleteI have a ton of things I do when I sit down to write. First, I turn on the music I have saved on my computer. It's always music I know really well so that listening to a new favorite song doesn't distract me.
Then, I open up my Word Doc. and read what I've written in the last two writing sessions. Then I read the chapter outline for whatever chapter I'm working on. Then I write.
~Sarah Faulkner
Thanks!
DeleteIt appears music is a theme. I've heard of many other writers using it. :) And I understand how hard it is to not be distracted!