Saturday, April 28, 2012

Random Saturdays: What do you do when you write?

So, as I type this I'm in the middle of writing the next to last chapter for my novel! :-D And I wanted to share a few patterns of what I do when I write.
  1. I open up the blinds in my room. (Light seems to help me think.)
  2. I pull out my "novel notebook", which carries the chapter outline inside.
  3. I grab a glass of sweet tea. (I drink it rather fast and then, when I'm pondering on my next sentence I chew the ice...I know what you're thinking. My dentist really likes me, right? Hah!)
  4. And finally, I open up Pandora Internet Radio. I tend to listen to either the Classical music channel or the 2011 Top Christian Hits channel. Right now it's on the Christian channel.
Which brings me to the title question, what do YOU do when you write? Any particular quirks? Leave a comment! :-)

-Rosie

2 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I have a ton of things I do when I sit down to write. First, I turn on the music I have saved on my computer. It's always music I know really well so that listening to a new favorite song doesn't distract me.
    Then, I open up my Word Doc. and read what I've written in the last two writing sessions. Then I read the chapter outline for whatever chapter I'm working on. Then I write.
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It appears music is a theme. I've heard of many other writers using it. :) And I understand how hard it is to not be distracted!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.