Monday, April 23, 2012

Writing Mondays: Pushing On

I'm in a homeschool co-op writing class. And one of the many downsides to writing a fictional novel about the Holocaust, is that no one is really interested in it (at least in my class). When I want to share they always complain about it.

"It's too sad."

This novel is about the Holocaust. So, guilty as charged! I would like to take pride in the fact that I can invoke emotion. However, there are days I really wish I could dump it and pick up the next more-appealing-not-as-depressing-to-write project.

But... I will not quit. I usually come close to throwing the towel in, but I always stick to it. And this case will be no different. Though I might hate it now that doesn't mean I won't be glad I finished it down the road.

Now for some good news! As of this post, I am finishing up my tenth chapter out of twelve. I cannot tell you how excited I am to be so close to the end! I am also overjoyed about getting to the easier part of the deal: editing. (While editing is not my favorite thing in the world I find it much easier to edit what's been written rather than to write fresh.)

And so, I shall let you go back to your daily programming. Maybe next week I'll post an excerpt?  :-)

-Rosie

I refrained from adding a picture to this post merely because I could not locate an appropriate one. 

2 comments:

  1. Your book sounds interesting! I can't wait to read about it.

    P.S. can I make a suggestion for your blog? Change the settings so that we can see more then one post at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It is set to show up to ten posts at a time. I don't know why it doesn't. I've been fighting with Blogger for a while about it. :/

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.