Monday, December 10, 2012

Writing Mondays: Pushing Forward (When You Don't Want To)

To my chagrin, I haven't written much since NaNoWriMo. I tried to take a small break and then write a little each day but to no avail. Now, I am facing a vacation later this week with little to no hope for time to write.

But I'm not going to quit.

It's going to be hard to write every single day following this one. But even if I only get 100 words down a day, that's still writing.

I have to keep reminding my inner editor, and myself, that my WIP is still a first draft, and it will probably be as rough as they come. But is that a reason to quit? I don't think so. As I write this post, I am on chapter 15 of 24. It's the same chapter I was on when I finished NaNo, and I hope to finally complete it today.

If there's anything specific that NaNoWriMo has taught me, it's that you have to crack down and fight for your novel and that's what I'm going to do.

So as I plow forward and fight to the finish, how are you doing on your WIP? Have you progressed since the end of November? 


7 comments:

  1. To be truthful, I've set my NaNo plot aside and am now working on a plot, I think I may have told you, inspired by a dream with the both of us in it... hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D Hehe, I look forward to reading about it!

      Delete
  2. I admire your persistence, Rosie but I think it's also good to break from this world of writing every now and then - no matter how wonderful that is. With that being said, you are still putting me to shame, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks!! Oh, I know. But I also know if I don't fight to at least write "The End" I'll never get it done! lol

      Delete
  3. Wow it's impressive that you can write at all after NaNo! If I did that I would go crazy! I hope you are able to get more done since I know how it feels when it seems like you are not getting enough of something done, and I want you to finish it so I can read it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks! I will gladly let you read it once it is finished and has gone at least two rounds of edits. lol! :-D

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.