Tuesday, April 9, 2013

{Book Review} Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson

My Review:
A classic from Thompson!

Fools Rush In (Weddings by Bella, #1)In the Weddings by Bella series it would appear that the focus is all on Bella. No surprise there, right? Haha! Though I have yet to get to the others, I very much enjoyed the first installment. The Rossi family has such an endearing quality, despite the fact they're a little crazy at times. :-)

Getting into Bella's head was a lot of fun, considering I only just met her in Picture Perfect. She definitely is a character I feel a lot of women can relate to. It does help that she's so much fun to get to know. It's because of her flaws that as a reader I could understand her and come to like her as a lead character.

Another likeable characteristic about this book is the lack of a boring moment. Something is always happening around the Rossi family. Whether it's a possible lawsuit about a skateboard, dilemmas of a wedding planner, or family antics I was always smiling. The humor alone makes this book a good read, aside from the theme of putting one's trust in God. I can't wait to read Swinging on a Star and It Had to be You!

I bought this book on Kindle, no review required. 


Book Blurb (from Goodreads):
Bella Rossi may be nearing thirty, but her life is just starting to get interesting. When her Italian-turned-Texan parents hand over the family wedding planning business, Bella is determined not to let them down. She quickly books a "Boot Scoot'n" wedding that would make any Texan proud. There's only one catch - she's a country music numbskull because her family only listens to Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Where will she find a DJ on such short notice who knows his Alan Jackson from his Keith Urban?

When a misunderstanding leads her to the DJ (and man) of her dreams, things start falling into place. But with a family like hers, nothing is guaranteed. Can the perfect Texan wedding survive a pizza-making uncle with mob ties, an aunt who is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and a massive delivery of 80 cowboy boots? And will Bella ever get to plan her own wedding?

4 comments:

  1. How fun to read your review, Rosie! You pegged this one right: there is never a dull moment and that is what makes this series so darn delightful. Bella is a fun character which is why it was so entertaining to catch up with the Rossi clan in Janice's new books.

    Enjoy the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this series! I laughed so hard the entire time and just generally had a blast reading them! I didn't realize Bella was in Picture Perfect-that's really cool! Now I want to read that book more than I did before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella obviously isn't the main character but we do see her and her family quite a bit. :D Hope you can read it soon, Abbi!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.