Friday, April 19, 2013

Love at Any Cost by Julie Lessman {Revell Blog Tour!}

My Review:
Love at Any Cost is sure to sweep you off your feet!

Love at Any Cost (The Heart of San Francisco, #1)After a tearful goodbye to the O'Connors, I was ready to introduce myself to the McClares. And boy are they a fun group! Moving away from Boston to the West Coast of San Fransisco, was a nice change of scenery. Truthfully, of the available cities for Lessman to choose, I'm glad she chose the San Fransisco. It really adds something to the flair of the time and the characters. :-)

Cassidy McClare is one heartbroken Texan you don't want to mess with. Having decided she's through with "pretty boy polecats", she wasn't prepared to meet Jamie MacKenna, her cousins' best friend. I felt her emotional transition shift from Mark to Jamie was paced well, and I liked how she clung to God when heartbreak happened again. She's funny, full of spunk, and she has a faith that while it isn't perfect, it is a rock Cassie can hold on to at the turn of the tide.

As much as I tried, I had a rough go of it trying to like Jamie. One minute he's a likable man doing everything in his power for his mother and sister and the next he's kissing Cassie senseless. I only really came to like him as the book drew to a close.

I conclusion, Lessman returns with a new family to love, passionate love interests, a new city to behold, and great writing. I look forward very much to Dare to Love!

I received this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions. Thanks! 

Available April 15, 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing 
Group.

Back Cover (from Goodreads): 
He's looking to take care of his family. She's looking to take care of her heart.
Trouble is . . . love's looking to take care of them both.


Cassidy McClare is a spunky Texas oil heiress without a fortune who would just as soon hogtie a man as look at him. Jilted by a fortune hunter, Cassidy travels west hoping a summer visit with her wealthy cousins in San Francisco will help her forget her heartache. But no sooner is she settled in beautiful California than Jamie McKenna, a handsome pauper looking to marry well, captures her heart. Can love prevail when Jamie discovers that Cassidy is poorer than he is? And can Cassidy ever learn to fully trust her heart to a man?


Have you seen the cool book trailer yet? 

4 comments:

  1. I had some of the same reservations as you about Jamie. I liked him - a great deal - but felt as if he were two different men; one caring, kind and a gentleman, the other a flirt and all-around jerk. Nonetheless, I still found the book an excellent read and am anxious to get back to the McClare's - they are pretty spectacular!

    Happy you liked it, too, Rosie - fab review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he did seem to sport two different personalities sometimes. Yes, the McClares are very memorable! Do you know who the next book is going to be about? :/ I'm hoping it's Allie.

      Delete
    2. I don't know who the second book is about! Like you, I am anxious to find out though. It tracks that it'd be Allie (or maybe Blake or Bram) because Meg is too young yet...

      Delete
    3. Blake would be a good choice as well, I'm ready to see him "grow up." lol! However, Julie did hint a little at Allie's love-life, so we shall see...

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.