Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Few Thoughts on Worship...

Worship is a matter of the heart. It isn't mindlessly singing songs you know like the back of your hand. It isn't sitting in church going through the motions. You can't worship the Almighty merely by attending church every Sunday.

Worship is about forgetting yourself, forgetting your problems and anxieties and just being

Worship is standing or sitting, hands high or lowered, offering our Creator all that we have. He doesn't care how much you have to give. He won't send lightening bolts down from heaven, because you didn't give enough. God isn't like that. He loves you. He appreciates you. And when you choose to give Him your everything, no matter what is happening in life, His heart swells with joy. He is pleased with you.

Sometimes to worship, you have to let go.

Some of the best, most powerful, amazing worship experiences I have had have happened when I'm struggling with something, whether it's fear, loneliness, or when my heart has been bruised. How, you ask? Because when my focus is on Jesus, all my mountains shrink into anthills. When my focus is  wholly and completely on Jesus, I surrender it all.

Worship is cool water to this thirsty soul. 
Worship blesses Him.
Worship encourages this weary heart.
Worship reminds me God is bigger than any of my problems or struggles.

What does worship mean to you?

4 comments:

  1. Totally true. When I concentrate on worshiping/thanking God for whatever, be it good or bad, it changes the perspective. I think it's great that you've shared your thoughts on worship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Rosie. When I'm trying to worship God, it's hard to let go of my anxieties and nagging thoughts. Sometimes I even get too wrapped up in the melody of songs rather than their meaning. But I completely agree with you--it's always important to be mindful in worshipping the Creator and one's worries may float away. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jillian! It's good to know there is Someone we can lean on, yes? :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.