Thursday, January 9, 2014

No One to Trust by Lynette Eason {Revell Blog Tour!}

18059987My Review:
Eason offers readers a unique thriller to keep you reading late into the night!

Oh. My. Goodness! This is the second title from Eason I've read and it blew me away. I wasn't quite in love with the other book of hers I read, When the Heart Stops, but I decided to give her another chance and I'm glad I did! I am totally impressed with No One to Trust as far as suspense/mystery/thriller titles go in the Christian genre. Every time I speculated how the rest of the novel would go, I was sorely mistaken.

The lead characters, a married couple named Kyle and Summer Abernathy, were a delight to read about, despite the obvious conflict and danger in their lives. Summer possesses a strength greater than I think she realizes, and her spunk helped her through all the challenges. She didn't wail and whine and complain like most women would, but rather was strong and handled everything going around her well, given the circumstances. I think it is for this reason that I like her character and personality so much.

Kyle embodies the hero most readers are familiar with, a man with a military background who now works/helps law enforcement, or as in Kyle's case, works as a C.I. Also as you have probably guessed, he naturally has run into some trouble. I appreciated the respect and love he showed his wife especially when they were at odds. I wish I could elaborate on what I mean, but... you'll have to read the book for yourself.

I am really, truly, glad I signed up to review No One to Trust. I simply love to curl up with a good mystery every now and then. As a final note, I really liked the theme of forgiveness and the comparison to a well known story in the Bible. I highly recommend this book to readers ages fifteen/sixteen and older and to fans of Irene Hannon and Dani Pettrey. As far as content goes, the villain is a real creep (he's obsessed with snakes. Disturbing, much?), but we don't see too much of him. There are several fights between good guys and bad and then people are shot and beaten.

I received a copy of this book from Revell in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

Back Cover:
Summer Abernathy wakes up one morning to find her husband missing, three men in her home intent on finding him, and the life she's been living based on a lie. Which Kyle Abernathy did she marry? The computer programmer she met in line at the bank? Or the one who was apparently using that image as a cover story?

The search for her husband--and answers--takes Summer ever deeper into a world of organized crime where people are used one moment and discarded the next. And with her deepest relationship of trust already shattered, Summer doesn't know who to believe.

4 comments:

  1. I loved No One to Trust! This was the first book I've read from Lynette Eason, and it really exceeded my expectations. The only thing I didn't love was those snakes…how creepy were they?? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It would appear to be a general consensus that the snakes were just creepy. Oh my, I enjoyed this one from Eason much, much, more than the last one of hers I read. :) Glad you liked it too!!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous review, Rosie - as usual. I agree with your conclusion too. The book was a fabulous thriller except those snakes... *shudder* ;)

    Glad you took a chance and wound up happy with the results. Those are the most rewarding reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Haha, no one seems to have liked the snakes, myself included.

      They are! Thanks for commenting. ;D

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.