Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Paige Turned by Erynn Mangum {CFBA}

This week, the
Christian Fiction Blog Alliance
is introducing
Paige Turned
TH1NK (April 1, 2014)
by
Erynn Mangum


ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

A few things about her:

So, if we were having this conversation in person, we would probably be hanging out at Starbucks or one of the cute coffeehouses in town. I’m nuts about all things coffee, I’m crazy about all things pink and girly, and I love, love, love the Food Network! I’m married to my best friend and the most amazing guy ever, Jon. He is amiable toward coffee, does not like anything pink or girly and tolerates the Food Network. So, we make a good match! In July 2010, we became parents to one of the funniest, cutest, sweetest little guys in the whole world (and nope, we aren’t biased at all!), our Nater-Tot, who is legally known as Nathan. Most days, I’m cleaning up messes, making goofy faces, trying to fit some writing in, and just LOVING the life that God has given me!

ABOUT THE BOOK

Despite her valiant efforts, Paige Alder seems stuck in chaos. Her new job as youth intern keeps her hopping from coffee shop to coffee shop all summer long, but at least she’s loving the one-on-one time she gets to spend with the girls. The unfortunate side-effect is that now, four weeks of laundry fills her apartment. Plus, she barely has time to help her sister and best friend with their weddings! And even worse? Something is definitely wrong between her and Tyler. She apologized for what he thought he saw happen with Luke. Can’t they move past it? Or could there be something he’s not telling her—something that could change everything?

If you'd like to read the first chapter of Paige Turned, go HERE.

My Review:
A fun conclusion to the Paige Alder series!

I was thrilled to read and review Paige Turned after I enjoyed Paige Rewritten back in November. The saddest part about returning to Paige's world is knowing that it's for the last time. I didn't want the book to end! I can honestly say that I had no idea how Mangum would wrap things up for us. Am I pleased with the end result? Not entirely, but that's only because I suspected a different outcome. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything, but Mangum did offer us a positive ending.

Moving past my personal minor disappointment, Paige's hilarious personality kept me smiling throughout. I adore her character in so many ways. Not only that but I could also relate with many of Paige's internal struggles, especially having struggled myself. I liked how she eventually answered her questions using Scripture.

If the previous books were three quarters of Paige's journey, this book completes it in a beautiful way. I will definitely miss further adventures with Paige, but I will be certain to reread her books every now and then. Mangum has done a wonderful job crafting Paige and writing from the first person POV. The supporting cast are completely their own, though we see them mostly through Paige's eyes. I am really impressed with Mangum's skill. I readily recommend this book to teens fifteen and older.

I received this book from TH1NK through CFBA in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Go to this link and do what it says and have fun. http://godsgirlandbooks.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-question-for-blogger-i-nominated-for.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.