Thursday, July 5, 2012

Book Review: Tributary by Lisa T. Bergren

Summary: 
Tributary (River of Time, #3.2)TRIBUTARY, a novella (1/2 the length of a normal novel), picks up a year after BOURNE... Lia struggles to overcome the fear that constant battle has heaped upon her; Gabi and Marcello face an unexpected crisis; and Lord Greco just may be ready to leave the grief and loss of his past behind him, so that he might grab hold of the future... 

My Review:
Yay! Another triple-awesome-fantastic read from Ms. Bergren!! I wasn't entirely sure where Ms. Bergren would be taking us in her final installment, but I'm very happy with the end result. I've noticed, in other reviews, people commenting on the switch from first person to third person. I must admit it was a little difficult to get used to, but I adapted well before the middle of the novella.


As for the writing, story, and characters, they were their usual excellence. I loved the introduction of Alessandra and her story. She felt very real- just like the other characters. She had her own personal struggle and a different outlook on the situation than we're used to. She is a Fiorentini after all...hehe.

Lia shone under the spotlight for a second time in Tributary. This time, however, she was facing the repercussions from the previous battles. Warrior's guilt, regret... She refused to lift a bow and arrow for a year. (The time span between Bourne and Tributary.) Ms. Bergren handled Lia's emotions concerning this very well and, in my humble opinion, resolved them just as perfectly.

I won't say any more to withhold from spoiling, but I must say, if you liked the previous books this one shall not disappoint. :-)

Interested? You can purchase the book here!

2 comments:

  1. I was just gifted Waterfall. After all the praise I've heard about this series (the only novel I've read by Lisa is 'GI,' I am anxious to read it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to tell me what you think! I've had a friend that quit reading it while I devoured all the books. Haha!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.