Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Book Review: A Love Surrenderred by Julie Lessman

Back Cover (from Goodreads):
Orphaned in Iowa, Annie Kennedy moves to Boston to stay with her spinster aunt. She longs for romance to fill the void left by her parents' death. But when she falls hard for Steven O'Connor, the man who broke an engagement to her sister, Annie is worried. Will he break her heart too when he discovers who she really is?


My Review:
OK, last Julie Lessman book review until Love at Any Cost comes out in a few months.. hehehe. :-D

A Love Surrendered (Winds of Change, #3)I don't know if it was the shortness of this last installment of the Winds of Change series or if it was the wonderful Annie Kennedy, but I extremely liked this one! Kind of like A Heart Revealed, we get a new look on the O'Connor family and a bit more of what was going on outside the O'Connor's kitchen.

Aside from Faith, I believe Annie is my second favorite heroine in the whole series. Her ideals reminded me of Faith, her stubbornness reminded me of Charity, and she kind of reminded me of, well, me. Haha! She really did phenomenal in staying strong in her purity and her faith. I also loved her relationship with Glory-- that was too cute. :-)

In A Hope Undaunted, we saw Steven change his life for the better. In A Love Surrendered, it really shows how he's changed and how he struggles to trust himself. Since we saw so little of him in previous books I liked finally having a chance to read his story, get to know him a little better, and most of all see him patch his relationship with God.

In sum, this one kept me reading until the very end. I will miss the O'Connors SO much, but I know they were happy. :-)

I won this book in a giveaway, no review required.

6 comments:

  1. This was a sweet read. I still had "issues" with some of the elements but all in all? An excellent book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! :) It was refreshing to read this one after all the passion in the first two. lol

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great book. Thanks for your thoughts and the review.

    BTW-I have 4 giveaways going at my site this week if you want to pop over and check them out. Hope you have a lovely week!

    Diane :O)
    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!

      I will! Thanks for stopping by! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hey, Rosie! I nominated you for an award! See my blog, Stori Tori's Blog for details!

    http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.