Thursday, February 14, 2013

To Honor and Trust by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller

Back Cover (from Goodreads):
Callie DeBoyer is unsettled as she arrives at Bridal Veil Island with the Bridgeport family. She's just received a letter from her parents, missionaries in coastal Africa, stating they are in dire need of more personnel. Should Callie give up her governess job and join her parents in their important work? Is God calling her to the mission field, or does she just want to escape the emotional scars of being jilted by her former beau? 

When she enrolls young Thomas Bridgeport in golf lessons, Callie meets Wesley Townsend, who urges Callie to take lessons, as well. During their time at the golf course, Callie comes to care for Wesley--until she discovers hidden secrets about his past. 

Then expensive jewels go missing from various homes on the island, and suspicion is aimed in Callie's direction. As the investigation continues, Callie wonders if she should escape it all by going to Africa. After the secrets he kept about his past, will Wesley ever be a man she can honor and trust for the rest of her life?
My Review:
A fascinating historical romantic tale!
To Honor and Trust (Bridal Veil Island, # 3)
I regret to say I have not a chance to read the previous two books in this series. I do not think that took anything away from To Honor and Trust, I found it can easily be read as a stand-alone. ;) That being said, I overall thought the book was a decent read. Despite two authors, the writing flows and centers in the heads of Wes and Callie.

Moving forward, it took me several chapters to really get into this one. It seemed slow at the start but it did pick up around the middle and hooked me in until the last page. I liked the mystery and intrigue with the robberies and the twist at the end.

Callie is an interesting character. Her faith in God is strong, as she prays over every thing, big or small. She loves her charges, Thomas, Daisy, and Lottie and works as their tutor. I admired her good nature towards them and applauded her for putting Mr. Perriman in his place. (Those who have read the book will understand what I mean. ;D )

While this book is not a favorite, it still was a nice little read. Those who have read Love Finds You on Mackinac Island will like this one.

I received this book from Bethany House in return for an honest review of my opinions, thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Reading this one now! It's really sweet even though it's not one of the most memorable historical around. Think I like Tracie and Judith's last series better.

    I agree, Rosie: Not having read the other two didn't seem to detract from this story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first collaboration I've read from them. What's the other series called? :)

      Delete
  2. I'm realing To Honor and Trust now. I agree with you that it started out a bit slow... I'm looking forward to the part when things pick up a bit:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. I will respect them and hope that you will respect mine.